HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Hickery's Favorite
    Insulation
    UQ: HG 20F
    Suspension
    Turtle Ties

Budget Tarp Suggestions - Prefer Cottage Vendor

I've got a friend asking me about making a hammock and tarp for her son for Christmas. At this point, I can just about make the hammock in my sleep but I've only made a couple of tarps and not sure I want to make another one. In the past I would point people towards Wilderness Logics (being from NC) and then moved to suggesting UGQ's Penny-Pincher series after Wilderness Logics was no more. Now it looks like UGQ has been having a hard go of it this year and has had to scale back on some of the products being offered including the penny-pincher line of tarps.

So, any suggestions on a cottage vendor that I could point her towards that might have a 12' cat-cut for around $110?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by chknbone View Post
    So, any suggestions on a cottage vendor that I could point her towards that might have a 12' cat-cut for around $110?

Thanks.
    Hammock Gear has the Quest: https://hammockgear.com/the-quest/

Hennessy has their hex tarp in 70D silnylon for about $70-80 or so. It's heavier than the Quest. Both have about the same amount of coverage. I have both a Hennessy hex and a Quest and would be happy with either one in a heavy rain.
    "...the height of hammock snobbery!"

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    I used a Hennessy Hex for years - a great general purpose tarp. It’s a bit heavier than what’s available today (for more money) but not too heavy for me. I only sold it because I wanted to try some new gear.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    Hammock Tent/SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Tarptent/Thunderfl
    Insulation
    EE
    Suspension
    Kevlar/B. Hitch
    https://ugqoutdoor.com/product/fast-...12-olive-drab/

Just got one of these. Beautifully made. Definitely no corners cut. In your price range too. If you check the UGQ section of this site, I had some issues with condensation, that I haven't experienced with my other 2 tapes. UGQ would take it back, but I decided to keep it.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Hammock
    WBBB XLC, Eldorado
    Tarp
    Superfly, Hanger12
    Insulation
    Wooki, Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimswms View Post
    https://ugqoutdoor.com/product/fast-...12-olive-drab/

Just got one of these. Beautifully made. Definitely no corners cut. In your price range too. If you check the UGQ section of this site, I had some issues with condensation, that I haven't experienced with my other 2 tapes. UGQ would take it back, but I decided to keep it.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    I was going to post the same link. I just received mine in dark olive. Quality is top-notch, and UGQ is an outstanding company to deal with. If it's in stock, they ship very quickly. I'm taking mine out for the first time next weekend, so I'll see if I have condensation issues.

Hammock
    HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Hickery's Favorite
    Insulation
    UQ: HG 20F
    Suspension
    Turtle Ties
    Quote Originally Posted by Mackelroy View Post
    I was going to post the same link. I just received mine in dark olive. Quality is top-notch, and UGQ is an outstanding company to deal with. If it's in stock, they ship very quickly. I'm taking mine out for the first time next weekend, so I'll see if I have condensation issues.
    My UGQ tarp is definitely my favorite in my collection. The only Hanger 12s they have left in stock are Moraccan Blue.

Hammock
    Jacks R Better Bear Mountain Bridge
    Tarp
    Paladin
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Lynx
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    If you don't mind waiting Warbonnet has a sale on all equipment during Black Friday. I got my Superfly probably for a similar price as the UGQ mentioned above. It also has doors.

• + New Posts