I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    May he hike well on the other side of life.
    Sad to lose on of us. He was here since I arrived on HF.
    Peace to his loved ones.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    It's always hard to hear of a fellow hiker and hammock hanger leaving us way too early. Prayers for his family and his Hammock Forums family. You'll be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Otter1 View Post
    Sad to hear. Didn't he lose his wife just a year or so ago? Thank you for sharing this.
    His wife is still alive
    'Classic.' A book which people praise and don't read.” ― Mark Twain

Who cares about showers, gourmet food, using flush toilets. Just keep on walking and being away from it all.

There are times that the only way you can do something is to do it alone.

Images
    I have not seen Rain Man for quite a few years. I am very sad to hear this. RIP Rain Man.

Hammock
    DIY,Speer,Tbird, JRB
    Tarp
    HG CF, MacCat, GG
    Insulation
    HG,JRB,Speer,UGQ
    Suspension
    numerous, seasonal
    Images
    Sad news for sure. I have had the pleasure of hiking with Rain Man and his daughter.

He will be missed by many

Prayers for all who loved him
    Life's A Journey
    It's not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body,
    But rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
    Woo Hoo!....What a Ride!

My PHOTOS

My VIDEOS

Hammock
    Blackbird XL
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    Sorry to hear this. While I never met him, I always felt we had a lot in common. Makes me want to embrace the days I have remaining on this spinning ball with more grace and zeal all at once.
    “Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
    ― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Sad news. Always seemed knowledgeable and willing to share info with the community

Senior Member Tyroler Holzhacker's Avatar
    Hammock
    DH DL Sparrow/SL Darien
    Tarp
    MacCat/WBSuperfly
    Insulation
    LL/JRB/DIY down
    Suspension
    MSH/Whoopies/strps
    Images
    I didn't know Rain Man, but the way everyone here is sounding off about him, he was a great guy. RIP Rain Man, and it is indeed a sorrow to lose one of our own here. Hike and Hang on in the Hereafter!

This is from Facebook:

Dear friends of Raymond,

C. Raymond Myers, Jr. passed away on August 14, 2020. At his passing, he was with Jenny, his beloved wife of 45 years and trusted partner in all things, and his youngest daughter Patricia. He is also survived by his daughters Amy (Andy) and Sarah (Chris) and four doting grandchildren who adore their playful Grandpa. He is survived by his mother, Pat, and his wonderful bonus dad, Ron. His father, Charles, passed on earlier this year. From his dad, he learned to be handy and resourceful. From his mom, he learned to love fiercely, no matter our differences, and to be loyal and generous. He is the oldest of five siblings, who he loves very much and whom he loved pranking very much. He is survived by Elaine (Syd), Linda, and Paul and preceded by Phil.

Raymond loved being a parent. He was highly engaged with his daughters' education and activities. He served as president of the PTA and band boosters (a decade of Overton High School band members will remember his distinctive red hat) and led an effort before the school board to address inequity in girls' and boys' sports when his oldest daughter started running track. He provided anonymous scholarships for his daughters' classmates to participate in school activities. He encouraged (and funded) his children's travel and diverse interests. He never missed an opportunity to tell his daughters how much he loved them and how proud he was of them.

Raymond has an expansive sense of family that included 13 exchange students who he loves as his own children. He and Jenny also welcomed into their home a family who didn't have a home and several young people starting out in the world. He nurtured his daughters' love of furry family members, rescuing several cats and dogs, including his most recent dog, Boone, who he adopted immediately upon finding him abandoned in the woods.

Always one who loved nature, he and Jenny mapped caves as newlyweds, and, later, he took his children, exchange students, and Sunday School students on various camping trips. In recent years, he found his way into a wonderful community of hiking friends who knew him by his trail name Rain Man. He completed all of the AT and John Muir trail and organized many hikes and kayaking camping trips, a source of great joy.

Raymond was also engaged in his much-loved church family, serving his church, the First Church of Christ, Scientist, in a number of capacities, including as First Reader (conducting the services) and chair of the board.

As an attorney, he cared deeply about his clients and was known to accept payment in firewood. He served as president of the Williamson County Bar Association and did significant pro bono work. He is a outspoken feminist and antiracist and actively supported liberation for marginalized communities.

He was raised in Powdersville, South Carolina and graduated from Wren High School. And, as everyone who knows Raymond is well aware, he was a proud Clemson alumnus. Go Tigers!

Raymond is generous and spirituality-minded, and he exemplifies integrity. He will be remembered as a loving father, husband, son, brother, neighbor, and friend.

We will announce details of a memorial service soon. In lieu of flowers, donations in his honor may be made to the Appalachian Trail Conservancy (https://appalachiantrail.org/) or his church, the First Church of Christ, Scientist, Nashville, TN (https://christiansciencenashville.org/).
    'Classic.' A book which people praise and don't read.” ― Mark Twain

Who cares about showers, gourmet food, using flush toilets. Just keep on walking and being away from it all.

There are times that the only way you can do something is to do it alone.

Hammock
    13 foot La Siesta
    rest in peace Rain man

sincerest wishes to both friends and family

Ashley

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast