WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Warbonnet
    Insulation
    Wooki, DB
    Suspension
    UCR, Dynaweave

Trouble choosing hardware

I am pretty new and I have a tarp arriving Monday but I haven't decided between a split or a continuous ridgeline yet. The tarp I got is a Superfly which is fairly large so it may not need the adjustability a CRL provides. I'm going to give a few various knots a try but I know I will tire of this quickly and the Dutchware hardware seems hard to beat as far as ease and speed. I'm currently struggling between Wasps and Stingerz, can someone describe the main advantages/disadvantages of them please? I'm leaning towards the wasps since they seem to have more adjustability overall, given that they're the same price which would y'all go with if purchasing a pair today? I realize for a CRL you wouldn't need a pair but as I said I'm not sold on the need for one yet.

I have two ridgelines with wasps from Dutch on a Superfly and a Mountain Fly. They work nicely, but I prefer my Myerstech Ridgeline by far. Stupid easy to set up and take down and lighter to boot.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Hammock
    DW Chameleon, WB Eldorado
    Tarp
    Thunder/Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20/40
    Suspension
    DW Beetle Buckles
    I have 2 Stingerz for a split ridgeline on my Superfly. They are clipped on the the tarp ridgeline D rings with 12' of Zing It.

For my Thunderfly, I have the Dutch CRL using the Dutch Hook/Wasp combo with soft shackle prussiks to the tarp ridgeline D rings.

I can set up the Superfly with Stingerz quick and easy. Just go around the tree and back to the antenna on the Stingerz. Adjustability is tougher, but I can usually eye ball it pretty well if the hammock is already up. If it's raining, well...I'll put up the tarp then the hammock and fix it later, if I need to.

Sometimes I gotta fiddle with the Wasp to move it to the right spot on the line. Half the time, I have to adjust because the previous hang was shorter, and this one is longer. Also, I'm starting to hate the prussiks because they jam up pretty good and won't slide easily (need to take em off and re-prussik them), so the adjustment becomes a pita.

For the Dutch CRL there are 3 points of adjustment, the 2 prussiks and the Wasp. The 2 Stingerz with split lines, there are just 2 points. Give slack to one, take up the slack on the other.

Edit, here's a video from the Schill Bros that demonstrate the 2 different methods (except they're using a Dutch Tarp Fly instead of the Wasp): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cj3vYd78sT8
    Last edited by FLTurtle; 08-14-2020 at 15:40.

Hammock
    WBRR,HENESSEY JUNGLE, ENO 1 link
    Tarp
    ENO PRO, SLD WH
    Insulation
    Igniter and blaze
    Suspension
    Buckles,atlas,ring
    I’ve tried them all and what has been best for me is the Dutch CRL with Nama claws instead of prussic knots. The Alien Loop is close behind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hammock
    Yes
    Tarp
    Doors for sure
    Insulation
    Love some down
    Suspension
    Usualy helps
    I have Stingerz on my tarps. Easy to switch between tarps and really isn't hard to get them centered once you have a little practice.

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    SLD Hex
    Insulation
    SLD Trail Winder
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I use a pair of Flyz and they work well for me. I'm not sure of the advantages of going bigger.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I use wasps on my tarp ridgeline. Wasps are a bit larger and easier to see with my 62 year old peepers. See them in the video below at 8:45 in.
    They weigh nothing and I find them handy.
    I do have stingers on one tarp but I prefer the wasps personally as they are easier to move up and down the line. Some wasps I have on with prusik knots.
    Shug

Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    WBB, Sierra Madre Para
    Tarp
    WB MamaJamba
    heya Rusty, I know you're a Southern (Texas) fella, you any relation to that Earl Shackleford guy over in 'Bama?

• + New Posts