Hammock Tent/SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Tarptent/Thunderfl
    Insulation
    EE
    Suspension
    Kevlar/B. Hitch

Nama claw tangled mess

Picked up some nama claws for a CRL. They work great. Until you try to tie up the Ridgeline into your figure 8, then toss out to tie back up. The claw of the nama claw tangled itself into the line. No patience for that, but realize there's gotta be a better way.
    How do you keep your line from getting all tangled up into the nama claw?

Thanks

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Keep the tarp on the claw. If I just had the tarp ridgeline with a two step process of 1) attach ridgeline to tree, 2) attaching tarp to Nama Claws, then the claws could … misbehave. But if you use snakeskins and keep the tarp on the claws, then you just have to 1) attach the ridgeline to the tree.

In both cases you may then have to adjust the tarp on the line. But by then the line is strung up and the tarp in the claw minimizes its ability to grab anything else.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    11 Ft Dutch Hexon 1.0 Sidezip
    Tarp
    12 ft HG Quest
    Insulation
    3/4 Phoenix20
    Suspension
    Spiderpolybeetles
    I use only one Nama Claw on my ridge line because otherwise you get a tangled mess with three of them on the line.
    So on my ridgeline there is a Nite Ize dog bone for the tail end,a Nama Claw on the "working end" and three prussic loops.Two of the prussics are to attach to the end of the tarp.The third prussic is for the Nama Claw to hook on to the line and pull taut.In the morning I simply release the tension off the Nama Claw and let the Claw slide to the end of the line where it hits a stop knot to prevent it from sliding off the line and getting lost.

After the Claw slides to the end of the line it is super simple to pinky wrap the line as there is nothing much to foul up.
    I use a number of options to attach the D rings of the tarp to the prussics which include a tiny Dutch hook larked onto the D ring,or a mini biner like Dutch and other vendors sell,and a "poor man's evo loop" which is nothing but a length of zingit I tied onto the prussic loops and made a big quick overhand knot to use like a Real evo loop.I have also used the Real evo loop larked onto the D rings and run thru the prussic loop and then back into itself.Since you're not hanging yourself off the ridgeline I have found a Real evo loop is not necessary to attach the tarp to the D rings so I only use those on the hammock suspension and really like that application.

Use a CRL and keep everything tucked away in a snake skin.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Hammock
    WB--Dutch-Clark-Amok
    Tarp
    WB-CC-UGQ-Amok
    Insulation
    Down and Synthetic
    Suspension
    CL/Becket~LA/ 7/64
    My CRL consists of 2 Loop Aliens, one fixed at one end and the other is adjustable near the other end. In between are 2 Nama Claws. After securing the tarp in tarp skins and removed from CRL, I slide the NC’s to the fixed end of the CRL. Unhook the adjustable end figure 8 wrap it towards the fixed end, secure the wrap and no problem/tangle when deployed the next time.
    Livin’ Large ~ Horizontally

Hammock
    Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Bandit TQ Lynx UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Images
    I have a Dutch wasp, hook and then 3 nama claws on my line and I used to get horrible tangling. Easiest fix for the claws was making sure I run them down to the end of my line before doing the figure 8. Since they slide super easy this was not a problem. The wasp though was also getting tangled so I ended up adding a cord winder from Lawson. It has made unwinding/winding super easy. Plus if the wasp ever gets stuck when trying to take down it makes it much easier to unstick.

https://lawsonequipment.com/Hungry-F...der-p1129.html

Hammock
    Hammock Tent/SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Tarptent/Thunderfl
    Insulation
    EE
    Suspension
    Kevlar/B. Hitch
    Thanks all. Seems like skins are the real solution.

Hammock
    The cured intestines of my enemies
    Tarp
    Wing of bat
    Insulation
    Possum fur
    Suspension
    of disbelief
    My limited experience with nama claws on a CRL is that when I figure-8 the CRL, I push the nama claws to the end as I go, and they slide along freely.

Then when it's time to toss out the CRL, you can keep the the claws in your hand. There's no tangles.

Before I wrap up my ridgeline, I slide one nama claw to the other side, so that both are ALL the way to one end. Then bundle up the rest, good to go.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    I have been using Nama Claws since they came out and have made tarp ridge lines for all my tarps using a micro binner at one end, Dutch Wasp at the other end and two Nama Claws on the line. When I take down my tarp, I move the Nama Claws to end with the Micro Binner and then wrap the tarp ridge line around my hand and fingers in a figure 8 starting with the Dutch Wasp end. Rarely have problems with the Claws getting tangled.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast