Tarp
    HG Asym, WB BMJ
    Insulation
    HG All the way!
    Suspension
    webbing
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kanazky View Post
    Awesome, would I be able to attach something like a becket strap and fish hooks to save weight? I am not entire sure where the straps can be removed from the hammock

Also if I went with the HH Expedition Ultralight XL Zip would it be easy to find a UQ that worked with it or would it be hard to attach a UQ. I noticed HH doesn't themselves sell a UQ.
    Once you have continuous loops on you can use a plethora of suspension options from turtle ties to becket hitch very easily, you can also use the stock ropes they're just not quite as convenient.

I used the direct ancestor of that hammock (I think they just changed the name), any UQ designed for a gathered end hammock will work just fine. Many UQs have additional tie out points that may serendipitously line up close to the foot end tie out on the hammock if you find you need to snug it up at all. I'd encourage getting the hammock out and practicing with it so you see how it all goes together right away, it all makes much more sense with some hands on experience.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Eldorado
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wookie XL
    Suspension
    Becket Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallorne View Post
    Once you have continuous loops on you can use a plethora of suspension options from turtle ties to becket hitch very easily, you can also use the stock ropes they're just not quite as convenient.

I used the direct ancestor of that hammock (I think they just changed the name), any UQ designed for a gathered end hammock will work just fine. Many UQs have additional tie out points that may serendipitously line up close to the foot end tie out on the hammock if you find you need to snug it up at all. I'd encourage getting the hammock out and practicing with it so you see how it all goes together right away, it all makes much more sense with some hands on experience.
    Haha yeah I definitely need some experience

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12