DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    With the limited safe space to give the stove breathing room, I probably wouldn't risk it. And if you can't get the tarp almost air tight and to the ground, any heat will get gone immediately. I'm not trying to rain on the parade; just some information before you get into the stove stuff too deep.

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by OneClick View Post
    With the limited safe space to give the stove breathing room, I probably wouldn't risk it. And if you can't get the tarp almost air tight and to the ground, any heat will get gone immediately. I'm not trying to rain on the parade; just some information before you get into the stove stuff too deep.
    I have been wondering about how efficient it actually is at holding heat in. I've definitely got some playing around to do with it before I decided to get a stove. I've also never had a tarp with pole mods before so I wanna get used to setting it up correctly. On top of that I need to switch out the guy lines to get rid of the paracord that's on it now, add some shock cord loops w/ mitten hooks on the doors and figure out what RL type I wanna use since it came attached to prussiks on paracord w/ no type of hardware or loops tied into the ends. If I do get a stove I plan on spending as little as possible for something the right size that will produce enough heat but might weigh a little more since I doubt I'll ever need to go far with it. I've always thought it would be neat to have a hot tarp since I spend so much time hanging that time of year, but if it won't work well than I won't waste too much money on trying to force it. I plan on setting it up and making a vid later on today and will post it here, so let me know what you think of it. Thanks OneClick
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Sounds good. If nothing else, it will be fun to play with, process and burn wood, cook/heat water, etc. Doesn't really hurt to have the jack and not use it either.

Pole mods are amazing especially in the winter to have more room to spread gear out. More of a "home" when the weather is punishing you.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12