Hey,

Lurker here first post, yay.

I am looking to move from tent camping into Hammock camping. Most of my gear is hand me downs from my old man from when he did the West Coast Trail before I was born and its definitely not light. We generally like to pick shorter hikes to a nearby lake and leave on a Friday after work, hike around 5-10k and setup camp for the weekend. It wasn't an issue before my health related problem because I was super active. However after my health concern had me bed ridden I lost a lot of my cardio and muscle strength especially in my legs. I am finding with a heavy pack I have IT band knee issues going downhill and its lessened by using a lighter day back and polls. We are getting back into our swing of camping post lockdown starting September and we have a trial run (car camp) at the end of August. This is a safe time to try hammock camping for the first time as I can always sleep in my friends RV if it didn't work out. I've been working on strengthening my knee and rolling, the next step is to hopefully lighten the load on my back.

I am a hair over 6 feet tall, fairly wide shouldered and I'm 232lbs in the morning. I sleep on my stomach mostly and side.

Now the fun part, I am in Canada so there aren't a lot of options and everything abroad feels twice the cost after currency conversion and import fees. HH has a Canadian branch and they are offing the Explorer Deluxe XL for a reasonable price however they are sold out of the larger webbing straps and the super shelter which could be an issue. We camp through to December and in BC the trees can be very large around.
`
I really like the Eldorado lightweight double which I could grab online (if in stock) but would be fairly pricey with shipping to Canada, conversion and the import fees. With winter approaching id probably also want to grab the wookie UQ and a tarp which adds up fast!

For reference I also have taken a look at the Haven Tent which wouldn't get here in time, LSOH same problem and the Amok Druamr which is a bit heavier but still lighter then my current gear and would allow me to stomach sleep. The Amok XL is only available in Canada through EBay and the cheapest offering is about $800 (after fees) for the Hammock and Pad alone.

Have any other fellow Canadians bought either of these hammocks and have any advice? Did it work out well shipping wise? Are either of these options good for people who like to sleep off of their back? What about their sizes for someone with a larger frame? Also if you recommend one or the other could you also mention UQ options that fit the hammock as well