Print2Fabric
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness HG
    Suspension
    Mantis w Spider Da
    Images

2020 FALL MAHHA - Official Event Posting

Don't miss the 14th Annual FALL MAHHA 2020

This is a Family-Friendly Event! It may be a little more COVID-basic this year, but it will be great to get out! Please note all the changes below for this gathering.

WHEN
    FRIDAY, Sept 18 - SUNDAY, Sept 20

WHERE
    Pine Grove Furnace State Park
    1100 Pine Grove Rd, Gardners, PA 17324
    http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/statepar...egrovefurnace/
    GPS Coordinates: Lat. 40.02565 Long. -77.31086

We reserved all 6 group sites and have the pavilion for the 19th, so plan on a weekend of fun, hiking, gear showing, and, as always, eating. The cost for this is covered with the raffle monies. Please plan on purchasing at least one $10.00 ticket per attendee to help pay for the event. More details below.
    CAMPGROUND MAP https://assets.simpleviewinc.com/sim...768d291f44.pdf

WHO'S COMING? - Please click the link below to sign up: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

FOOD DONATION SIGN UP – Second tab at the bottom of the page: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

EVENT DETAILS

Meals
    Meals this year will be COVID-19 conscious, therefore we request there be NO HOMEMADE FOODS to share. ONLY STORE-BOUGHT / PREPACKAGED FOODS will be accepted. We may rotate mealtimes to keep groupings smaller.
    Meal volunteers will serve with tongs and/or gloves.
    Everyone is encouraged to bring a food contribution for the supper. Please see the sign-up sheet for suggested food items. There are other items needed, please sign up if you are able.
    - Saturday Morning Breakfast: French Toast & Sausage. Dutch sometimes throws in a surprise food as well. Yummo.
    - Saturday Supper: Pulled Pork and Kosher Hot Dogs. The cost for the supper is covered with the raffle monies.

Precautions
    Please bring your own hand sanitizer and observe all COVID-19 recommendations. If you have a fever, showing COVID symptoms, have been exposed to someone who is sick, or a family member is sick, please do not come to the event. We are asking you to take your temperature before heading to the gathering. The last thing we want is for anyone to get sick.

We are asking for each group campsite to be cautious. We encourage attendees to wear a mask if you are planning on being in close quarters with a fellow hanger (showing your gear, sharing a ride, etc.). Also, please be respectful of other’s choices to wear a mask or not to because of health conditions.

Cell Phone Coverage
    There is next to no coverage in the park. I have been able to text more often than call. There are some higher elevations you can hike to where there is some call coverage. Overall, not reliable.

Free Camping
    All of the group sites have been reserved for this event. The cost for these sites is covered with the raffle monies.

Pay Family/Dog Friendly Campground
    It is just up the road on the right. Sites can and should be reserved for anyone not wanting to hang or tent in the Group Camping Area. There are sites with electric. There are sites that allow dogs. There is a bath house with showers and flush toilets for those with sites. Note: Sites with electric that allow dogs have the highest demand. The person reserving sites in the Family Campground is responsible for the cost.

Free Firewood
    Each of these group sites have their own campfire ring. Friends of Pine Grove Furnace are dropping off a load of firewood on Friday night for free because we have donated to the group in the past. You can bring firewood, just make sure it is from PA as per PGFST requests. Note: The park allows gathering dead, down wood... but no chainsaws in the park.

Water
    The group site has a water pump near the parking area.

Bathrooms
    The group site has men and women's flush toilets and sinks with running water within walking distance.

Parking
    With the large number of attendees, there will be a concern for parking. There is a large parking lot at the group sites, but we need to park conservatively. Our group will be the only one using this parking lot, so it will be better than years before. As last year, there will be no parking allowed along the entry road into the group camping area. And there will be no parking allowed on the main road.

Anyone coming for the day on Saturday, will need to park in one of the day use areas...not in the group camping parking lot.

Pre-Hikers/Post-Hikers...There will be NO parking in the group parking lot before Friday or after Sunday late afternoon. Please do not go to the office and ask.... not happening. You can use the Parking area available for the Appalachian trail located near the Furnace Stack Pavilion. You will need to register your vehicle with the office. You may also use the parking lot down the road...at Caledonia State Park...on the other side of Rt. 30. You might need to register your vehicle there also.

Dogs
    Dogs are not allowed in the Group Camping area but are allowed at the pavilion and at certain campsites in the family campground. Service dogs are allowed anywhere in the park.

Alcohol
    No alcoholic beverages allowed in the state park. Rangers will be patrolling the area.

Vendor Sales
    As with all MAHHAs, there will be no vendor sales. MAHHA hangs are for fun, fellowship, food, relaxation, etc. We, as a group, do not have a sales permit from PGFST, and have no interest in obtaining one.

Raffle
    After the meal, we will hold a raffle, which pays for all costs incurred by our event. Any extra money is donated to the park, the AT, etc., and to reserve sites for the next MAHHA. Tickets $10 each! We are asking everyone to purchase one ticket per attendee to help pay for everything.

Clean-up After Dinner
    After the meal and raffle: Please make sure you clean up your eating area and take with you, or dispose of, any food containers you brought. This will help to leave the pavilion area in the same or better condition than when we arrived.

Leaving Your Campsite
    Sunday when leaving group hang area: Please look around your area before you leave to make sure everything is cleaned up, again, let's leave the group hang area in the same or better condition than when we arrived. If someone forgot something, take it with you and post on HF.

Updates
    Please stay tuned for updated postings prior to leaving for the event.

Organizers
    Thanks to Dutch, Donna Weaver, Vicki, and thanks everyone for all your contributions and volunteer work on this event each year!!! We have a great group!!
    I want to think again of dangerous and noble things.
    I want to be light and frolicsome.
    I want to be improbable and beautiful and afraid of nothing
    - - - as though I had wings. Mary Oliver, Starlings in Winter

Hammock
    Dangerbird
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    JRB UQ,MLD Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies & straps
    Have to start a new job so as long as I can get off I’ll be coming
    TDHanger

Hammock
    Half-wit (3 season), Chameleon (win
    Tarp
    Superfly, Thunderf
    Insulation
    EE Revelation 20*,
    Suspension
    Whoopie!
    As long as my daughters don’t have horse how’s that weekend, I’ll be there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Print2Fabric
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness HG
    Suspension
    Mantis w Spider Da
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TDHanger View Post
    Have to start a new job so as long as I can get off I’ll be coming
    Quote Originally Posted by TxAggie View Post
    As long as my daughters don’t have horse how’s that weekend, I’ll be there!
    Cheering for you guys that it will work out. Jobs and families are important tho too.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    HG UQ & Katabat TQ
    Suspension
    Straps
    I've been around the forums for awhile but never attended a Hammock Hang. I think I'd like to try it out if it's open to all...and I can work out the timing.

Absolutely come! The more the merrier!

Trying to figure out which of my clan can come. I know I will be there. I NEED this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Life is Good!
    Hammocks * Scouts * Kites
    用心棒

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Print2Fabric
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness HG
    Suspension
    Mantis w Spider Da
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    Trying to figure out which of my clan can come. I know I will be there. I NEED this.
    I feel you. Yes, we all need time in the woods. The birdsong, the crickets, the wood smoke fire smells, hiking in the cool air. Please come.

Hammock
    DIY HH Jungle Clone
    Tarp
    Hex12 by RSBTR
    Insulation
    Synth UQ/Down TQ
    Suspension
    Spider/Beetles

2020 FALL MAHHA - Official Event Posting

Squeaker and I were hoping to be able to make it, since Spring was cancelled! Sadly (only because we are going to miss MAHHA) we are closing on a house the week before, so all my weekends for the foreseeable future will be mired in paint, sweat, and moving boxes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Autumn Ultralight,Walhalla, SMr
    Tarp
    Walhalla, SMr
    Insulation
    SMR Inferno, Puffl
    Suspension
    Cinch buckles
    I'll be there with 2 friends that have not been to MAHHA yet. If anyone wants to try gear from Tensa, Trailheadz, Autumn Ultralight, SMR, Superior Gear, or Walhalla, let me know. I rep all of them.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast