Quote Originally Posted by Datboijon View Post
Whats up y'all, its time to get a "summer" quilt. I currently have a 20 degree HG Econ Burrow size regular with the sewn foot box and it is HOT. I am looking for something that will be for 40-50+ degree weather and have narrowed it down to another Econ burrow 40 ($165.00), an Enlightened Equipment Revelation APEX in 40 (or 50) ($190.00), and possibly a UGQ Synergy Bandit also in 40($190.00). The UGQ says its 21 oz while the others are about 18-19, im not a gram counter but if it is the same price/more expensive AND heavier why go with it? My question is which one of these should I add to my system (open to other suggestions under $200)? I Like the idea of the synthetic in the EE, but does it pack as good as the HG burrow? I will be getting a wide so I can use it on the ground as well. AND I am wondering if I should go with a 40 or 50 degree quilt? I am thinking 40 so i can use the 20 in 20 - 30 degree, the 40 in 40 - 50 degree and a Costco blanket/sheet anything over 60. Thanks again as always!
If you go with a 40F Burrow, don't get the sewn footbox. I have the zippered one and open it up like a blanket on warmer nights. I don't camp in the summer here in Florida, but will in September when the night temps and humidity drop. Still in the 90s during the day though. I spent 2 nights at South Mountains State Park NC end of June, the 40F quilts worked great.