Hello!

Grateful to be here. Hopefully this isn't too much info for you, too soon, but I've got to get to solvin' these problems!

I want to try hammock sleeping indoors for health reasons. I have environmental sensitivities that make normal bed materials intolerable for me, and I'm in pain with my current sleeping arrangement. I think a hammock might work, but it seems there are several learning curves I'd have to overcome, and I'm not sure such a neophyte could do so quickly enough.

1) The stand. I can't put holes in the wall, so was researching the Turtledog. But I have no construction experience. I'm extremely leery of trying to build this weight-bearing device with a metal pole right above my head as my first DIY project, and expecting it not to fail, night after night, indefinitely. Am I being safe and rational, or too paranoid?

I was looking at purchasing a Tato Gear stand, but I'm not sure I can tolerate all that metal. Fun times, eh?

2) Attaching the hammock. No experience with knots or anything. Overwhelmed by all the choices of straps or whatever? Another obstacle!

Hmm I guess I thought there was a longer list, but this is probably enough for now.

Looking forward to trying to learn more, and appreciate all the info that you all have already collected here! 🌷