Wanderlust SE Robin's Egg Blue
    Tarp
    Wanderlust Special
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    Sorry to hear that Scissors. Hope it goes away quickly to get you here (to give us all a migraine )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    UPDATE: I am down to about a 4 on the pain scale and am currently upright. The brain fog is thick (more than usual!)Someone save me a couple of trees for tomorrow. Banking on being there by noon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    12' HG Journey
    Insulation
    down
    Already here and setup for the weekend. See everyone else when you get here. Realized when I got here this is the same site I was in two years ago. Glad to hear you’re feeling better scissors!

UPDATE:
    Looks like the vendor got their issues fixed and plans to bring them in person tomorrow, (Hopefully)
    Life is Good!
    Hammocks * Scouts * Kites
    用心棒

Hammock
    11' 1.2 Robic XL
    Tarp
    Misc DIY ones
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness
    Suspension
    UHMWPE Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    UPDATE:
    Looks like the vendor got their issues fixed and plans to bring them in person tomorrow, (Hopefully)
    I can’t handle this roller coaster of emotions. I’m elated. I’m bummed. I’m elated.

Didn’t make it there tonight. The 3” of rain Richmond area received slowed me down with some ...house issues. Hitting a couple ham radio spots on the way and I’ll be there by late lunch Friday though!
    73 de W4BKR

Not all who wander are lost... - J.R.R. Tolkein
    ...Besides, if we get lost, we just pull in somewheres and ask directions - Captain Ron

The ever striving gram weenie...always updated with the next trip

Quote Originally Posted by wildwillott View Post
    Finally got my reservation done, got to be over yonder at site A35
    You'll be our neighbor!

Hammock
    11ft
    Tarp
    DIY or Bullfrog
    Insulation
    TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Cinch Bug
    I’ve already gotten mentally packed. I guess I should start physically packing now.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutch Wide Winter
    Insulation
    Gemini / Incubator
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Would love to be out there. Just getting back into hammock and camping after surgery a few years ago... I'm 20 minutes away (max.). I thought the pictures on FB were Turkey Run group site. I did not know they would let us hang in the Oak Ridge camp sites! Hope everyone has great hang.

Hammock
    DIY 1.7 MTN XL GE
    Tarp
    DIY .9 Silpoly Hex
    Insulation
    Various Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps (J-Bend)
    Images
    My father died the night before last.

This was my first hang and I left so suddenly that some folks might have wondered if I didn't like the event. A handful knew there was an emergency, but little else. I thought folks might appreciate a note from me.

In truth, I had a good time for the short time I was there. I particularly enjoyed hanging around the fire on Friday night with Dutch, Y Not, and others listening to all the lies, exaggerations, and stories that began "So there I was in the backcountry with Shug ...".

I was just getting to meet others and looking forward to the Saturday evening campfires when I received word about my father's rapid decline. I immediately packed and drove straight from the campground to Missouri. I was fortunate to arrive in time to spend his final days by his side.

I'd like to thank Jimbo for being so friendly and introducing me to others. I want to thank Scissors, my campsite neighbor, for the big sympathetic hug she gave as I was leaving. In fact, everyone was so warm and welcoming that I know I'll be attending more hangs in the future.
    ~ All I want is affordable, simple, ultralight luxury. That’s not asking too much is it?

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow : SLD
    Tarp
    HG : SLD
    Insulation
    HG : SLD : WB
    Quote Originally Posted by PopcornFool View Post
    My father died the night before last.

This was my first hang and I left so suddenly that some folks might have wondered if I didn't like the event. A handful knew there was an emergency, but little else. I thought folks might appreciate a note from me.

In truth, I had a good time for the short time I was there. I particularly enjoyed hanging around the fire on Friday night with Dutch, Y Not, and others listening to all the lies, exaggerations, and stories that began "So there I was in the backcountry with Shug ...".

I was just getting to meet others and looking forward to the Saturday evening campfires when I received word about my father's rapid decline. I immediately packed and drove straight from the campground to Missouri. I was fortunate to arrive in time to spend his final days by his side.

I'd like to thank Jimbo for being so friendly and introducing me to others. I want to thank Scissors, my campsite neighbor, for the big sympathetic hug she gave as I was leaving. In fact, everyone was so warm and welcoming that I know I'll be attending more hangs in the future.

sorry for your loss
    There's magic in the woods,
    if you know where to look for it.
    -Pete's Dragon

Popcorn
    After hearing that you had to leave early to be with your Dad, I am glad to know that you were able to get there in time to spend those last days with him. I missed my dad’s last days and I do regret it.

It was great getting to meet you and look forward to the next hang. Keep a look out for the Capital Chili Butt Hang ing Feb(?). Uphill will be posting about it shortly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Life is Good!
    Hammocks * Scouts * Kites
    用心棒

• + New Posts
  • Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910