Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

48 Straight Nights in my Ninox

Hey all!! Well this is my first post as I’ve been stalking the pages and discussions for a bit......

I received my Sierra Madre Ninox hammock on June 16th and haven’t been back to my bed since. Minus a couple nights backpacking I’ve strung my Ninox up on my front porch and have been sleeping in it every night since. My wife has said she hasn’t slept as good in years now that she hasn’t dealt with my nightly snoring
    I was just wondering who else has given up the bed for their hammock as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

48 Straight Nights in my Ninox

I have been sleeping in a hammock off and on for 10 years now. I started after a car accident left me with back pain. I have a homemade linen gathered end hammock on 4 ENO wall mounts. I prefer a hammock but sometimes a bed is nice too.

It did help my back after about a year in my hammock my back pain was gone.

Last edited by Ezweldnc; 08-03-2020 at 20:41.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezweldnc View Post
    I have been sleeping in a hammock off and on for 10 years now. I started after a car accident left me with back pain. I have a homemade linen gathered end hammock on 4 ENO wall mounts. I prefer a hammock but sometimes a bed is nice too.

It did help my back after about a year in my hammock my back pain was gone.

I found that I tossed and turned all night in bed, in the hammock I’m out like a light all night except for when nature calls ....lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Goat Tramp View Post
    I found that I tossed and turned all night in bed, in the hammock I’m out like a light all night except for when nature calls ....lol

The great thing about a hammock is when you toss and turn in a hammock it rocks you to sleep like a baby in a swing. I can’t understand why more people don’t sleep in hammocks. A good bed cost around $1500 on the low end. A good hammock cost around $100 on average. You can take down a hammock and have full use of the space that it takes up during the day where a bed is there no matter what.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    DW Wide Rectangle
    Insulation
    Jacks r Better zip
    Suspension
    Beetle buckle
    The great thing about a hammock is when you toss and turn in a hammock it rocks you to sleep like a baby in a swing. I can’t understand why more people don’t sleep in hammocks. A good bed cost around $1500 on the low end. A good hammock cost around $100 on average. You can take down a hammock and have full use of the space that it takes up during the day where a bed is there no matter what.

Especially in these new tiny home fads. My parents love watching those shows and they are always trying to fine space to sleep more, I yell at the tv, hang a hammock you dumbasses.

My gf wouldn't let me sleep in mine when she is over but I do often when she is not over.

Hammock
    Walahalla Monolite 1.5
    Tarp
    Dynemma Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Mt Washington
    Suspension
    Whoopies slings
    Images
    I have a spot in my backyard that I like to hang in. About once a month I'll spend the night out there. Yeah, the wife loves those nights for the lack of noise from my side of the bed.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Goat Tramp View Post
    Hey all!! Well this is my first post as I’ve been stalking the pages and discussions for a bit......

I received my Sierra Madre Ninox hammock on June 16th and haven’t been back to my bed since. Minus a couple nights backpacking I’ve strung my Ninox up on my front porch and have been sleeping in it every night since. My wife has said she hasn’t slept as good in years now that she hasn’t dealt with my nightly snoring
    I was just wondering who else has given up the bed for their hammock as well?

Well, may I assume that, since you spent 48 straight nights there, you have been pretty darn comfortable in that Ninox?

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    Well, may I assume that, since you spent 48 straight nights there, you have been pretty darn comfortable in that Ninox?
    Yes sir!!! It’s super comfortable, more so than the Hennessy I have..... I don’t have a whole lot of experience with the other cottage vendors and there are things with the Ninox I’m not a huge fan of, but I can’t beat the great night of sleep I get each night

What made you go with that brand over a Dream hammock or a Dutchware?

What made you go with that brand over a Dream hammock or a Dutchware?

to be honest I’m not sure, besides ignorance to the different brands and their products ...... I watched the a couple reviews from Spiguyer and The Ultimate Hang and was really sold on the whole flat lay concept ...... I do love the room inside the hammock but that’s also a con because the ridge line is out of reach without sitting up..... the only other thing I’m dissatisfied with is that because of the amount of give in the hammock material it makes it uncomfortable to try and sit in the hammock without the zippers digging into the back of my knees........ minor complaints though compared to how comfortable it is...... I do have another Ninox I picked up for my wife if she ever wanted to go hammocking (not going to happen anytime soon ) that I’d be willing to trade for a different brand like a Dutchware or Dream .....

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast