Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I looked the Ninox hammock up and it looks like they took a lot of good ideas from the custom cottage industry and combined them into the Ninox. The fabric looks like the same fabric as the ENO nylon hammocks. It’s very nice but I like the idea of the cottage industry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ezweldnc View Post
    I looked the Ninox hammock up and it looks like they took a lot of good ideas from the custom cottage industry and combined them into the Ninox. The fabric looks like the same fabric as the ENO nylon hammocks. It’s very nice but I like the idea of the cottage industry.

Definitely!! My complaints are minor..... overall I do love the hammock

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair(s)
    Tarp
    SLD & Mtn. Fly
    Insulation
    HG 0,20,40 UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies & webbing
    Nice! Love the deck for hanging. That would be wonderful. My wife would not be amused if I did 48 nights but I love the idea. My back would be so happy.
    The deep mystery gives rise to the spirits -Charc

Always strive to be the best but never believe you are - Juan Manuel Fangio

Quote Originally Posted by Skytow View Post
    Nice! Love the deck for hanging. That would be wonderful. My wife would not be amused if I did 48 nights but I love the idea. My back would be so happy.
    yeah I hear you... thankfully my wife works second shift and when she gets home and ready for bed I’m usually in full snore mode since I’m in bed by 9pm most nights .... lol ... half the time she’ll sleep on the couch for some peace and quiet ...... good thing is when I’m out backpacking I’m keeping the wildlings at bay at night with that snoring

About seven years ago now I became an every nighter. Love my hammocks.
    If you prepare for failure you will probably succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by old4hats View Post
    About seven years ago now I became an every nighter. Love my hammocks.
    that’s so awesome!!! ..... my dad has slept on and off in the hammock set up he has in his house... for years I thought he was off his rocker ...lol.... but now I do believe the old fella was on to something

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Goat Tramp View Post
    to be honest I’m not sure, besides ignorance to the different brands and their products ...... I watched the a couple reviews from Spiguyer and The Ultimate Hang and was really sold on the whole flat lay concept ...... I do love the room inside the hammock but that’s also a con because the ridge line is out of reach without sitting up..... the only other thing I’m dissatisfied with is that because of the amount of give in the hammock material it makes it uncomfortable to try and sit in the hammock without the zippers digging into the back of my knees........ minor complaints though compared to how comfortable it is...... I do have another Ninox I picked up for my wife if she ever wanted to go hammocking (not going to happen anytime soon ) that I’d be willing to trade for a different brand like a Dutchware or Dream .....

Yes, the Ninox is by far the deepest hammock I have ever been in, even more than the HH Safari. But regarding that RL ( and it's gear pocket) being out of reach: have you considered something like a gear stash? Basically a tiny hammock hanging from that RL, hanging down just low enough that you could easily reach it? You could stow all of your gear inside the hammock if camping. And it would be very convenient to get to, not on the muddy ground, and you would still have plenty of head room. Actually, I'm pretty sure this thing is designed for their "Hambunking" approach, where another, preferably smaller, person is actually hanging in a hammock that is above your main hammock, all under one tarp. So using a very small, light hammock- even home made, just a piece of nylon with cord on the ends, attached to the RL - would work quite easily.

Of course, you may have no use for any of that, no use for gear stored above you that you can reach. But if some one needed it, this approach would probably work GREAT in this hammock. There is certainly plenty of room.

Hammock
    Hennessy
    Images
    Yes sir!!! It’s super comfortable, more so than the Hennessy I have..... I don’t have a whole lot of experience with the other cottage vendors and there are things with the Ninox I’m not a huge fan of, but I can’t beat the great night of sleep I get each night

May I ask what you like about the Ninox over the Hennessy? Thanks.
    To hang or not to hang, that is the question!
    Mammock: to tear into fragments : MANGLE
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtv63p4wAuE7uskkWHY16PA

Quote Originally Posted by MammockHammock View Post
    May I ask what you like about the Ninox over the Hennessy? Thanks.
    I have a bum right knee and in the Hennessy I found that it really starts to bother me after an hour or so. I’m not sure if it’s because the material is heavier duty in the HH and not much give? I own a Explorer UL, whereas the Ninox has quite a bit of “give” and never find my knee throbbing and aching.
    I attribute some of it as I feel like I’m fighting for room in my HH and in the Ninox there’s a ton of room.
    That being said, I still love the HH and I’m thinking of upgrading to the Jungle Safari XXL in hopes that gives me the room and “give” that I get with the Ninox.
    In fact, tonight my 12 year old daughter and I have the HH and the Ninox set up on our back nine and are camping out tonight.

Images
    I have a bum right knee and in the Hennessy I found that it really starts to bother me after an hour or so. I’m not sure if it’s because the material is heavier duty in the HH and not much give? I own a Explorer UL, whereas the Ninox has quite a bit of “give” and never find my knee throbbing and aching.
    I attribute some of it as I feel like I’m fighting for room in my HH and in the Ninox there’s a ton of room.
    That being said, I still love the HH and I’m thinking of upgrading to the Jungle Safari XXL in hopes that gives me the room and “give” that I get with the Ninox.
    In fact, tonight my 12 year old daughter and I have the HH and the Ninox set up on our back nine and are camping out tonight.

Sleep well, but watch out for bears!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast