Hello. I received a ton of help in a previous post and have looked at more options. Now I'm interested in learning more about how hammock width and fabric might affect my comfort and sleep. I've never even layed in one before. I don't know my lay preference. I'm 5'11", 160-170 pounds, and am interested in using this for backpacking. At home I like to sleep on my side and stomach. I would like to find a good balance between weight and comfort.

I suppose my searches have led me to Dutchware Chameleon (or wide), Half-Zipped (or wide), or a Dream Hammock Darien.

The standard Dutchware hammocks are 58" wide and the wide hammocks are 68" wide. I would be inclined to get the 1.6 fabric as the consensus seems to indicate this is more comfortable. The following are my options as I see them (and not wanting to wait for a custom hammock).

----------
Chameleon with sym bugnet is 20.7 ounces and the wide version is 22.0 ounces.

Half Zip (sym bugnet) comes to 19.0 ounces and wide version is 20.1 ounces. So roughly 2 ounces lighter than Chameleon.

Now Dream Hammock has three ready to ship Dariens and this is where I am a bit nervous.

1.6 HD and 58" wide - 17.05 oz
1.3 MTN (wide) and 64" wide - 15.90 oz
1.7 MTN (wide) and 72" wide - 19.50 oz

All three are asymmetrical
--------------

I know this is all very SUBJECTIVE, but I can't really tell what makes a more comfortable sleep. I think I would like a stiffer base to sleep on. I have no idea about width. I hear good things about wider hammocks but I also hear people think 58" is plenty for sub 6 foot people.

I'm definitely interested in the three Darien options. Does anyone know why they are so much lighter than the Dutchware options. I tried to keep this comparison as apples to apples as I could and kept out suspension and extras. Does anyone have experience with that 1.3 fabric. The hammock is very light and seems to be a compromise between a very wide hammock and a standard width hammock.

I know I'm fretting a lot about this. It's hard to pick something out without being able to try it out.