Lurker first post! In love with hammock camping and looking to upgrade from an inexpensive netted hammock. Any favorite UL recommendations? Just the hammock+net, I'm happy for now with my suspension/tarp/insulation.

Use case: I'm 4'11" and 100lbs, so from a body perspective I ought to be fine with any fabric or hammock length. I like lightweight backpacking in the Sierras, and just started soloing. I'm not careless with my gear, but I do want something durable enough that I can use it for a long time without getting anxious about it touching a branch, and maybe even let campmates sit in it.

Budget: ~$100 but less would be nice. I don't want to DIY the hammock, but would consider DIYing the net.

Right now, I'm thinking of combining a Dutchware or Hummingbird net with a UL netless.
  • Grand Trunk UL (9.3oz, $30): seems well regarded by thru-hikers?
  • Hummingbird hammock (5.6oz, $65): tempting UL, expensive. I can't find much info on people using this for backpacking, but I'm not sure if it's because most forumites seem to be a foot taller than me, or because of the material.
  • Dutchware netless hexon 1.0 (7.6oz, $42): an 11ft hammock is wasted on me, but maybe I can get it customized shorter.

Any thoughts or experiences backpacking with UL hammocks?