Holy wah, der eh! Hello from Montana, too!

Hi folks, I realized that I commented on another thread before introducing myself. I'm a Michigander transplant that finally settled in Montana after moving around the US for work and school. I teach graduate-level biomechanics, and actually got into hammocks after breaking my spine - my surgeon was an academic collaborator and convinced me to get into ultralight backpacking so I could return to the field faster. Gotta admit that half the reason I stuck to academia was for the summers off - having a few months off every year to backpack is the best!

As probably a lot of us here, I've been a lurker before deciding to become more active. Looking forward to learning from all of you!

Also Shug, if you happen to read this, your juggling videos are great. My students found them before I did - they all have to learn to juggle in my motor control courses to demonstrate/experience motor learning from an objective, scientific perspective.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by KTMitch View Post
    Hi folks, I realized that I commented on another thread before introducing myself. I'm a Michigander transplant that finally settled in Montana after moving around the US for work and school. I teach graduate-level biomechanics, and actually got into hammocks after breaking my spine - my surgeon was an academic collaborator and convinced me to get into ultralight backpacking so I could return to the field faster. Gotta admit that half the reason I stuck to academia was for the summers off - having a few months off every year to backpack is the best!

As probably a lot of us here, I've been a lurker before deciding to become more active. Looking forward to learning from all of you!

Also Shug, if you happen to read this, your juggling videos are great. My students found them before I did - they all have to learn to juggle in my motor control courses to demonstrate/experience motor learning from an objective, scientific perspective.
    I love it~~~!!!
    Here is another one on balancing that may prove fun for them.
    Shug

Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    I love it~~~!!!
    Here is another one on balancing that may prove fun for them.
    Shug

Oh man, you're hitting up so many theories and concepts from motor learning, there! Probably to the horror of my students this semester, I'm envisioning a pretty neat exam question about why you're a good video instructor!

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

Hammock
    1.6 hyperD 2.2 hex 1.7 mountain
    Tarp
    9x9 1.1 oz silnylo
    Insulation
    sleeping pad
    Suspension
    whoopy slings
    Images
    Greetings, my dad (Phd genetics) taught for years. He was out often, collecting materials and doing research in the back country. I grew up camping. They were great times.

happy wandering

My college roommate collected samples for a couple of labs for years; he loved getting paid to backpack. It sometimes makes me pause and wonder if I could shift my research a bit to spend more time outdoors for work!

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

• + New Posts