Hammock
    Hammock Tent/SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Tarptent/Thunderfl
    Insulation
    EE
    Suspension
    Kevlar/B. Hitch
    Here's the latest, with the RL 112" and straps higher. How's it look Brooklyn

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Hammock
    DW Chameleon
    Tarp
    Tarpless
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Whoopie's
    Images
    I'm certainly no Shug, but that looks about right, and probably much more comfortable. But really the test is, how did it feel to you? My back only needs 20-30 minutes to tell me if the hang is off by a lot.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Tarptent/Thunderfl
    Insulation
    EE
    Suspension
    Kevlar/B. Hitch
    Quote Originally Posted by mcimes View Post
    I'm certainly no Shug, but that looks about right, and probably much more comfortable. But really the test is, how did it feel to you? My back only needs 20-30 minutes to tell me if the hang is off by a lot.
    Feels pretty good. Thanks

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG Dyneema
    Insulation
    HG UQ, Custom TQ
    Suspension
    Yes
    Looks much better. Your ridge line seemed way too high and the “sag” was less than flat. Just not quite right before.

Also practice with ideals. 15’ tree span. 6’ high on the tree. 30 degree angle. Minor tweak to taste. Then when conditions are less than ideal you have an idea of what looks right. Always tweak to taste.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Tarptent/Thunderfl
    Insulation
    EE
    Suspension
    Kevlar/B. Hitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn View Post
    Looks much better. Your ridge line seemed way too high and the “sag” was less than flat. Just not quite right before.

Also practice with ideals. 15’ tree span. 6’ high on the tree. 30 degree angle. Minor tweak to taste. Then when conditions are less than ideal you have an idea of what looks right. Always tweak to taste.
    Thanks. After 3 years with a 90 degree, I've gotten spoiled with simplicity. I still can't imagine there's a more comfortable and versatile hammock for me, but its fun playing around. Hopefully, it won't be in the Marketplace soon

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair(s)
    Tarp
    SLD & Mtn. Fly
    Insulation
    HG 0,20,40 UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies & webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimswms View Post
    Here's the latest, with the RL 112" and straps higher. How's it look Brooklyn

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    This is how my lairs look when hung just right. I can still mess it up when trees aren’t ideal but that looks good to me. I frequently use a stick to push the tree straps up high enough. Darn short genes.....
    The deep mystery gives rise to the spirits -Charc

Always strive to be the best but never believe you are - Juan Manuel Fangio

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimswms View Post
    Thanks. After 3 years with a 90 degree, I've gotten spoiled with simplicity. I still can't imagine there's a more comfortable and versatile hammock for me, but its fun playing around. Hopefully, it won't be in the Marketplace soon
    Which 90º did(do?) you have? I have a Hammock Tent 90, which is unique and superior in a few ways(but not all of course). I have wanted to try an Amok, but not so far. And of course the Trail Lair has been on my radar for a while. And that new bridge, the Haven Tent, sure looks interesting.

But you are right about the simplicity of a 90 design( or iMO a bridge, one of my favs right now a JRB James River). Of course, there are still pros and cons and people vary, but a number of problems seem to be immediately solved when I am not trying to lay across the center of a hammock on the diagonal. Still, I go back and forth between all of these designs because of those pros and cons. I also solve a number of issues with GEs, some caused by that diagonal lay business, with a fat knee pillow.

Well i just got a trail lair 3 weeks ago in the hyperD xl in max with its nice but almost too wide.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Tarptent/Thunderfl
    Insulation
    EE
    Suspension
    Kevlar/B. Hitch
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    Which 90º did(do?) you have? I have a Hammock Tent 90, which is unique and superior in a few ways(but not all of course). I have wanted to try an Amok, but not so far. And of course the Trail Lair has been on my radar for a while. And that new bridge, the Haven Tent, sure looks interesting.

But you are right about the simplicity of a 90 design( or iMO a bridge, one of my favs right now a JRB James River). Of course, there are still pros and cons and people vary, but a number of problems seem to be immediately solved when I am not trying to lay across the center of a hammock on the diagonal. Still, I go back and forth between all of these designs because of those pros and cons. I also solve a number of issues with GEs, some caused by that diagonal lay business, with a fat knee pillow.
    Mine is a second version of Lukes. It's bad ***. I had a Gamma UL before it. I'm just looking to try something else, all the while knowing I'll go back to Lukes hammock cos I have more money than brains

Hammock
    netless mostly...
    Tarp
    DW Winter, Hex 12
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/Incu E20
    Suspension
    Whoopie-Spider
    Looks like you are getting it dialed in. Might want to try raising the foot end up a bit. My sweet spot is the foot end about 8" higher than the head end.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast