Thread: Hello from CT.

Hello from CT.

Hey everybody, SwingingBear here, just Bear on trail.

I'm a 42 (in August) year old guy who came to hammocks and camping in a very roundabout way. I started making nylon goods, mostly utility and tactical items. A few years ago, someone asked me if I could make them some tree-straps. The items were easy enough to make, far less complicated that a tactical harness, but I started looking into hammocks more. The more I learned, the more I loved the making of the items. I made a tablecloth hammock...and then a few more, started to learn Amsteel splicing, and was fascinated by the versatility, then started to learn about quilts and tarps.

About a month ago, I finally took my gear, went to Harriman State park in NY, and spent my first night in the wild in my hammock. My tarp held up to the rain, my homemade alcohol stove made my coffee, my quilts held up. It was a great night. I'm going on my next overnight this coming Saturday, in a rig I've made entirely myself. While my gear spends more time hanging in my garage than off trees, I still love it, and will be in the woods more. IMG_1641.JPG

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Super Fly Silpoly
    Insulation
    JRB top and bottom
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Hello, Bear! Welcome to the forum. There's lots of great information and humor here. Hope you have an awesome time this Saturday!

SB,

Welcome. Good place with good people.

• + New Posts