Hammock
    Warbonnet ridgerunner/ chameleon
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    Synthetic UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch beetles
    I had to go to a wide 1.6 chameleon double layer to fix my bug issues. Keeps my feet away from the bugnet and no need to soak your hammock in permethrin. We use thermacell in the Everglades where the bugs are about as serious as it gets and they work great. Just play the breeze with em.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Chameleon/TE Happy Medium/SG
    Tarp
    Thunderfly/UGQ WD
    Insulation
    HG / LL
    Suspension
    Becket
    Images
    You can get 1.25% permethrin in Canada here -- https://thekoregarden.ca/?s=permethrin
    I ordered a bottle but have not yet used it. There are articles on the above site on proper use for treating your clothing and equipment.

Hammock
    11 Ft Dutch Hexon 1.0 Sidezip
    Tarp
    12 ft HG Quest
    Insulation
    3/4 Phoenix20
    Suspension
    Spiderpolybeetles
    I treat my clothing with JT Eatons permethrin from Amazon which is labeled for clothing,bedding,luggage etc.I used to use 10% Martins but like Eatons better.I apply it with a spray bottle.I wear long pants in summer with gaiters-ticks are never a problem for me with that set up which is a good thing since my last tick bite cost me about $300 for the doctor's visit and antibiotics.Since the pants are convertibles I do manage to vent them a bit without insect issues.

Call me crazy but I take B complex vitamins and apple cider vinegar capsules plus garlic capsules daily.Mosquitoes don't like me anymore so when I do get out of the hammock for midnight stargazing it is no longer an issue getting swarmed like it was before I started doing this.Disclaimer-not recommending it for anyone else-just saying that it works for me like a charm.

Hammock
    WB--Dutch-Clark-Amok
    Tarp
    WB-CC-UGQ-Amok
    Insulation
    Down and Synthetic
    Suspension
    CL/Becket~LA/ 7/64
    Quote Originally Posted by Five Tango View Post
    I treat my clothing with JT Eatons permethrin from Amazon which is labeled for clothing,bedding,luggage etc.I used to use 10% Martins but like Eatons better.I apply it with a spray bottle.I wear long pants in summer with gaiters-ticks are never a problem for me with that set up which is a good thing since my last tick bite cost me about $300 for the doctor's visit and antibiotics.Since the pants are convertibles I do manage to vent them a bit without insect issues.

Call me crazy but I take B complex vitamins and apple cider vinegar capsules plus garlic capsules daily.Mosquitoes don't like me anymore so when I do get out of the hammock for midnight stargazing it is no longer an issue getting swarmed like it was before I started doing this.Disclaimer-not recommending it for anyone else-just saying that it works for me like a charm.
    Five Tango, which version do you use of the JT Eaton: 207-W1G or 209-W1G?
    The 207 says: Kills bedbugs, fleas, ticks and spiders while the 209 says: kills bedbugs, ticks and mosquitoes
    Livin’ Large ~ Horizontally

Hammock
    Blackbird XL
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    I too concur on the UQP. I slept on a river in northern Michigan for four nights last week and the skeeters were viscous. It was also 78 for a low a couple of nights. My uqp combined with a little water from the water bottle poured over my body and it was no bugs and like AC.
    “Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
    ― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Hammock
    SLD TL 1.6
    Tarp
    ThunderFly SP 20D
    Insulation
    SLD UQ, Costco TQ
    Suspension
    Becket
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadark View Post
    You can get 1.25% permethrin in Canada here -- https://thekoregarden.ca/?s=permethrin
    I ordered a bottle but have not yet used it. There are articles on the above site on proper use for treating your clothing and equipment.
    Any idea if it has other chemicals or additives? My buddy up here also came across that and we were curious if this product is comparable to Sawyer and the other brands in the US.

Hammock
    Tarp
    12 ft HG Quest
    Insulation
    3/4 Phoenix20
    Suspension
    Spiderpolybeetles
    Quote Originally Posted by 1-Hung-Low View Post
    Five Tango, which version do you use of the JT Eaton: 207-W1G or 209-W1G?
    The 207 says: Kills bedbugs, fleas, ticks and spiders while the 209 says: kills bedbugs, ticks and mosquitoes
    My last order was the 209 version.I treat nothing but my clothes.You could treat you hammock if you want I would think but it's not necessary for me.

At one time I thought the fact that my sleep shirt might be repelling mosquitoes so I took it off and stayed outside a while and the little critters never did attack me so I am left to presume they either do not smell me or I smell so bad they look elsewhere.So far the wife has not complained................

Hammock
    WB RR, DIY Bridge (Dutch Kit)
    Tarp
    Kammok Glider
    Insulation
    DIY TQ, DIY BQ
    Suspension
    Whoopsie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Five Tango View Post
    Do you take these every day, all the time or just when you're camping? Or do you need to prep your body before taking them a few days before going out?

I bought my first bottle (2018) from Kore Garden, listed earlier in the thread. Recently, someone in the DIY forum mentioned that it is also available here: https://www.urbannaturestore.ca/

I've spent the last three nights in my back yard with my new Trail Lair, with very thin HyperD 1.6. It hasn't been soaked, yet, so I'm using my rain poncho UQP. No bites (and I get them if I sit on the front porch for more than five minutes).

Hammock
    Tarp
    12 ft HG Quest
    Insulation
    3/4 Phoenix20
    Suspension
    Spiderpolybeetles
    Quote Originally Posted by scrope View Post
    Do you take these every day, all the time or just when you're camping? Or do you need to prep your body before taking them a few days before going out?
    The apple cider vinegar I take twice a day becase it helps with my arthritis too.I also take tumeric capsules twice daily and have no idea if they are effective against insects but it's for inflammation.I had pretty severe back pain for 20 years or so,my doctor would not operate,so I cured it myself.Garlic daily as it is supposed to help with sinus issues and I have plenty of that.

Thd B complex vitamins I don't take as regularly but will take them daily at least for a few days prior to and during outings.I have read lately some info about B vitamins and a certain virus going around so I am taking them more regularly now.

If you will do some research there's an article the Army has about taking apple cider vinegar for a few days before deployment into the bush.Nobody can prove or disprove the claims made by supplement makers but all I know is that the little critters used to eat me alive and now they don't.
    Last edited by Five Tango; 07-23-2020 at 14:59.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast