Tarp
    Xenon Hex
    Insulation
    Cedar Ridge
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle
    Images

Hello from the Land Beyond O'Hare(ORD).

After lurking for awhile I figure its about time I said hello. Living the life up here in N.E. Illinois. New to the hammocking as a camping sleep system but loving it. I own nothing special and actually bought my Eno hammock(on sale) after being eaten alive by Black Flies on a backpacking trip. My buddies had Dbl. Nest's and didn't suffer the same fate while snoozing in them during the day. Right now now I spend my nights in a Turtledog stand in the backyard practicing and dreaming about an upgraded 11' hammock and fancy lite weight tarp. Its summer and I have to squeeze time out of a week to go camp so it's mainly the back yard for me as it very busy at work. I also like to eat good and interesting food plus I like beer, well other adult Bev's too. I really appreciate the wealth of info and knowledge I've found on this site. A great community.

Hammock
    11 ft DIY 1.6 HyperD Diamd Ripstop
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Darbe View Post
    After lurking for awhile I figure its about time I said hello. Living the life up here in N.E. Illinois. New to the hammocking as a camping sleep system but loving it. I own nothing special and actually bought my Eno hammock(on sale) after being eaten alive by Black Flies on a backpacking trip. My buddies had Dbl. Nest's and didn't suffer the same fate while snoozing in them during the day. Right now now I spend my nights in a Turtledog stand in the backyard practicing and dreaming about an upgraded 11' hammock and fancy lite weight tarp. Its summer and I have to squeeze time out of a week to go camp so it's mainly the back yard for me as it very busy at work. I also like to eat good and interesting food plus I like beer, well other adult Bev's too. I really appreciate the wealth of info and knowledge I've found on this site. A great community.
    You like to eat well and drink beer. You'll fit right in with our group who hangs. Many from the Chicago area come up to the Wisconsin hangs. And we eat well and drink beer up here! With COVID nothing is normal. We usually get together almost monthly. Right now the next scheduled hang is the Michigan Chili Hang in mid October @ Yankee Springs Rec area. There isn't a post yet with the details, but definitely look for it. It's a great hang and you learn lots during the hammock tour! Hope you can make it!
    ◘ May 17-19: BACONFEST @ Interstate WI SP ◘ Oct 3-6: miCHILIgan @ Middleville, MI ◘ YouTube: karlawithak216 ◘ Instagram: i.am.karla.with.a.k ◘ 99 months

Hammock
    WB Eldorado/DIY
    Tarp
    WB MiniFly/DIY 12'
    Insulation
    WB Wooki/HG Burrow
    Suspension
    DW Spider/Beetle
    Quote Originally Posted by Darbe View Post
    .......I also like to eat good and interesting food plus I like beer, well other adult Bev's too........
    You had me at beer. Welcome!

Welcome.

Its a great site. Lots of good people.

Hammock
    Chameleon Wide
    Tarp
    Xenon Hex
    Insulation
    Cedar Ridge
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle
    Images
    The Michigan hang sounds like fun. That is a really nice area I used to go up near there to my friends farm. It's good timing because hopefully I'll have a whole new setup for hanging by then. I'll keep and eye out for the official notice. I keep hearing and reading what a good time these group hangs are so I'm looking forward to it.

Images
    Welcome from Elgin, IL!

• + New Posts