Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by u.willie View Post
    Agreed, based on advertised use.

Maybe, but Maybe not too. It might be ideal for hanging. I'd love to get some and try it. I'm talking 24 feet or so though, not thousands, lol.

I looked at a few places to try to get more info on the strapping, and a lot of them had the buckles (hardware) used to lock these straps. Some buckles were kind of a one size fits numerous thing - like from 0.75" or 1.0" up to 2.0" or so - So, definitely multiple size range hardware(s). Though if the strapping were one inch, that would be ideal for all the hammock hanging hardware. I don't use hardware, so 1" or 1 1/4" wouldn't make a difference to me, aside from weight/bulk. Speaking of weight/bulk, I wonder how heavy 12 feet of this stuff is?

I wonder how many people, if any, on this forum have access to some of this stuff at work via loading dock/ware house/etc...
    I've seen it were I work on some stuff, but the stuff I see is much smaller, like 1/2" or so, so not what I'd hang a hammock with.

willin'
    I've used plenty of ratchet straps. The stuff is usually very low stretch, and a little stiff, but not so stiff you couldn't do a becket hitch or a marlin spike hitch. And it usually softens up a bit with use. Other than color (I prefer to blend in), I think it would be pretty good for tree straps.

Hammock
    WildernessLogics 12x6
    Tarp
    HG cuben 13ridge12
    Insulation
    TopQuiltUnderQuilt
    Suspension
    S and D
    Very tempting but
    Fit were me
    I’d stick with offerings of our cottage vendors,
    (Some of them have warehouses and factories,
    while some work out of their home or shop)
    They offer straps that have been spect4 hammocks.

As always the choice is yours and not everyone thinks
    exactly alike—that is good!

Hammock
    Mine-ziz.... Nachos
    Tarp
    Yuge
    Insulation
    safishent
    Suspension
    MSH, 1.4gpf straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Grappler View Post
    Very tempting but
    Fit were me
    I’d stick with offerings of our cottage vendors,
    (Some of them have warehouses and factories,
    while some work out of their home or shop)
    They offer straps that have been spect4 hammocks.

As always the choice is yours and not everyone thinks
    exactly alike—that is good!
    I understand, appreciate, and respect the "shout out" you give to the cottage vendors,

Not fer nothin' but, I've been making and selling hammocks for about twelve years now, and have made many hundreds of them. All done in my living room, spare bedroom, and back yard (so I guess I'm the "work out of their home" variety then). I don't advertise, or sell them on the internet though. My curiosity is partly for what I make and sell, and personal use too - as in, if I won't use it, I sure as heck would not outfit a hammock with it and sell it. While I do make hammocks, I do not make webbing. If you know of folks (cottage vendors) who do make webbing, I'd love to know about it. If not, then is it safe to guess they do what I do, and buy webbing?

Quote Originally Posted by Irishjihad View Post
    I've used plenty of ratchet straps. The stuff is usually very low stretch, and a little stiff, but not so stiff you couldn't do a becket hitch or a marlin spike hitch. And it usually softens up a bit with use. Other than color (I prefer to blend in), I think it would be pretty good for tree straps.
    Totally agreed on the ratchet straps, and the color (I too prefer to blend in more), but straps can be dyed. In fact, safety orange straps dye a very nice coyote brown/pine straw brown, pretty easily and quickly.

willin'

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12