DIY
    Tarp
    HG DCF-All of them
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Kevlar + Beckett
    Images
    As far as I know, (limited to the half dozen HG quilts I have owned) every econ has an Econ label sewn next to the temp rating label. And as Countrybois said, Ion fabric has no ripstop pattern.

Yes, my pack weighs 70lbs, but it's all light weight gear....
    Bob's brother-in-law

Images
    Not that it's a big deal, but I think it's odd the tag is on the Econ and not the Premium (or both). It would be a lot easier for an unscrupulous reseller to remove the Econ tag than find a way to add a Premium one, if they wanted to misrepresent their product. I'm sure this isn't of great concern to HG in their design and manufacturing process though.

Of course the tag is not the only way of telling them apart (colors, fabrics, weight, ...), but not every secondary market buyer is aware of all these details.

I do kind of wish HG put a fill power tag on their quilts, as many others do. Especially for identifying the difference between an 850 quilt and a 950 quilt.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG DCF-All of them
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Kevlar + Beckett
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cmc4free View Post
    Not that it's a big deal, but I think it's odd the tag is on the Econ and not the Premium (or both). It would be a lot easier for an unscrupulous reseller to remove the Econ tag than find a way to add a Premium one, if they wanted to misrepresent their product. I'm sure this isn't of great concern to HG in their design and manufacturing process though.

Of course the tag is not the only way of telling them apart (colors, fabrics, weight, ...), but not every secondary market buyer is aware of all these details.

I do kind of wish HG put a fill power tag on their quilts, as many others do. Especially for identifying the difference between an 850 quilt and a 950 quilt.
    I think it would pretty easy to tell if the Econ tag has been removed..

Agree on reporting the FP..
    Yes, my pack weighs 70lbs, but it's all light weight gear....
    Bob's brother-in-law

Hammock
    DH Darien, SLD Tree Runner
    Tarp
    HG hex
    Insulation
    Timmermade, Revolt
    Suspension
    Kevlar, Lapp Hitch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cmc4free View Post

Yes indeed, if you have personally used the various materials, the difference between 20D and 10D (and 7D!) really leaps out.

Some years back I bought a lightly-used 40deg EE Prodigy (now called Revelation APEX) — intending to get my nephew a good quilt at a decent price — and stupidly forgot to confirm the shell material. Well it was 20D and when compared to my identical Prodigy made with 10D it was a real shock... far less compressible than 10D and just didn't seem as warm because the material didn't drape nearly as well.
    Five Basic Principles of Going Lighter (not me... the great Cam Honan of OZ)
    “If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.” ~ Gen. George S Patton

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12