Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by hutzelbein View Post
    The 15D nylon is not easy to damage. And if you start with a longer suspension and shorten it gradually until the Wooki hangs tight enough, it's not likely to overload it.
    Great, thank you!

Hammock
    Warbonnet XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wookie/Costco TopQ
    Suspension
    Straps/Ring Buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by hutzelbein View Post
    Yes, you can easily use your Wooki with all hammocks that are as long or longer than the Blackbird. Only shorter hammocks are a challenge.

However, never assume that you can use the Wooki without an extension with any other hammock than it was made for. If you ever measure hammocks, you'll find that the lengths can vary considerably. In all likelihood, the Darien will be longer than the Blackbird. If you don't add an extension, you'll bust your elastic band.

The best way to fit the Wooki to a longer hammock is to add a non-elastic piece of cord. If the hammock is not too much longer than the Blackbird, extending the foot-end only is sufficient. I have made daisy chain cords for that purpose. I simply hang the daisy chain on the hammock end, and clip in the Wooki. I start long, and work my way up to the perfect fit. Better than to start too short and rip the band (or the Wooki ) right away. Just make sure that there is one elastic element in the suspension, to take the stress off the quilt fabric.
    This post has hurt my feelings. I didn't read it before I tried to use my Wooki with my new Hammock Gear hammock and, like you said, I busted the elastic band! Now I've got to figure out how to replace it AND how to adjust like you've described! Plus I somehow broke the cord that kept that whole end gathered! And I have to figure out how to "re-gather" it.

Sigh.
    Somebody told me how frightening it was how much topsoil we are losing each year, but I told that story around the campfire and nobody got scared.
    - Jack Handey

Hammock
    Warbonnet XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wookie/Costco TopQ
    Suspension
    Straps/Ring Buckle
    I've done this, so you don't have to! I broke the rubber band AND the cord creating the gathered end while trying to use it with my new Hammock Gear hammock. Didn't damage the UQ beyond that, though!
    Somebody told me how frightening it was how much topsoil we are losing each year, but I told that story around the campfire and nobody got scared.
    - Jack Handey

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    For those broken bands, you can buy additional elastics (rubber bands) from WarBonnet at $1.00 each. I had one snap on my Lynx and WB said it’s considered a “wearout-able” part - like your car’s wiper blades. Considering that it lasted for over 5 years, I’m happy with it. But I’ll wait till I have more to order, then add in a few elastics. At least one replacement and one for the repair kit. Actually I’ll get three - because that second rubber band on the Lynx is the same vintage as the one that “went to the other side”. I’d imagine the Lynx uses the same elastics as the Wookie.

I found it using "Lynx Band" in the WB search field but I didn’t come up with anything searching Wookie Band. Maybe a section of bicycle inner tube would also work.
    Last edited by cougarmeat; 03-19-2022 at 15:01.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    DW Wide Rectangle
    Insulation
    Jacks r Better zip
    Suspension
    Beetle buckle
    I use a wooki on my DH Sparrow, works well

20220322_173035.jpg
    20220322_173044.jpg

• + New Posts