Hammock
    Draumr XL
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    JRB Greylock3
    Suspension
    straps
    Thanks! Love the "Occupy Mars" T-shirt by the way. I see I've lost an inch and a half now, being a fossil (almost 72 years old). Was 6-2, now only 6 feet and a measly half inch! Guess I'll have to wait until they get the XL in next month. Folks say the longer model is better for people my height

Hammock
    Amok Draumr 3.0
    Tarp
    Amok
    Insulation
    Synmat 9 LW
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    there is definitely a lot more length in the xl

just remember, you're also committed to their pad as well with the xl. you just won't find 3rd party pad those dimensions

Images

2019 Camo Regular Length

Quote Originally Posted by Alex MacDonald View Post
    I'm thinking of getting a new Amok Draumr. Do any of you have any feedback about this? I'm not after the 3.0. but the current model with the redesigned foot box.
    I have the 2019 Camo regular length with two pads, the Fjol that Amok provides, and an Exped DownMat TT for cold temps.

Have been camping for 50-odd years, and here in Texas, when the squalls heat blossom out in the summer heat, we get the Gulf of Mexico 70% humidity for thunderstorms. These generate 20 mph "micro-downbursts" on the leading edges of the thunderstorm.

I chose the 2-Person Xenon wide tarp with pole modes in Coyote for coverage. It is just as advertised; a continuous ridgeline is not preferred. Zing-It buried loop with a Nite-Ize Microlock S-Biner in Brown with a Titanium Wasp works for each of the trap ridgeline Beastie rings.

https://youtu.be/Rk8JScu6ZNY

The last thing you need in November is a cold front with 30 mph gusts and whipping rain, so the two-section ridgeline makes it quick and secure, and the Nite-Ize allows hanging the tree suspension much like the Amok Draumr set-up. Tarp suspension is as high as you can manage on the tree, with the Amok straps just underneath (on a 14-17 foot tree distance).

5-foot 3/8-inch diameter PEX tubing from Lowes or Home Depot for the foot box and head. I also use a silicon tube for the ridgeline on the Amok (Expedition Hawk has an interesting set-up video:

https://youtu.be/KGLGXg0YQ6M

Inflate your Fjol pad to 3/4-full and put the Amok in "Chair Mode" to practice entering and exiting. Then add air to sleep. Those "Glow-in-the-Dark" zipper pull tabs work well for the bug net deployment and storage.

Glamp-mode would have Amber LED's slipped into the Silicon tubing.

That about wraps it up for me from San Antonio; it is 106 degree-F at 6:55 PM CDT.
    Last edited by joe_guilbeau; 07-13-2020 at 20:00.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12