Thread: Yeti drawbacks?

Yeti drawbacks?

I've been looking at new underquilts for my XLC. I definitely want to get a 20 degree Wooki, and probably a 0 degree Wooki as well. The 20 would be perfect for up to probably 80 degrees, but for warmer weather, 80s and 90s, I'd still like to have something under me, so I've been looking at the Yeti (50 degree). I like that it's lighter and more compact than a Wooki, and that I can easily shove it out of the way if I get too warm. Are there any drawbacks? With my Incubator, sometimes the shock cord creates pressure points, or areas of extra tension, especially under my head. Have people found that to be an issue with the Yeti? Are there any other complaints people have about their Yetis?

Thanks.

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    You can't go wrong with these lighter/shorter quilts for weight savings and as you said when it's warm move it to the side.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Eldorado
    Tarp
    Mini fly
    Insulation
    Diamondback/wooki
    Suspension
    Straps/buckles
    No complaints with my yeti. Only issue I've had is on occasion the shock cord runs right against my head but I've found in that case I usually don't have the quilt pulled towards my shoulder quite enough. Can't beat the simplicity of any quilt in that style.

Quote Originally Posted by TrailSlug View Post
    You can't go wrong with these lighter/shorter quilts for weight savings and as you said when it's warm move it to the side.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by CLSR--000 View Post
    No complaints with my yeti. Only issue I've had is on occasion the shock cord runs right against my head but I've found in that case I usually don't have the quilt pulled towards my shoulder quite enough. Can't beat the simplicity of any quilt in that style.
    Thanks. Yeah, that is a problem I run into with my Incubator. I grabbed a Warbonnet pillow in the last sale and that helps.

Hammock
    DH Darien/DIY
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    JrB, HG, WL
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I use a 20 yeti with an older blackbird for 95% of my trips. Absolutely love it.

It’s shorter than most so I carry a little longer sit pad that goes from my upper legs to feet for leg warmth. Actually like having the bigger pad now I can double to sit on or just throw on the ground and take a nap mid day on longer hikes. It’s six segments of a z lite pad.

Images
    It's hard to beat a Yeti when weight and bulk is a major concern. My son and I have used the original synthetic Yeti with great success down into the 20s many times. There used to be a very warm sleeper around here named Cannibal. He took that synthetic Yeti down to about zero or a bit below, and stayed very warm. Later, he used the down winter Yeti to stay warm at way below zero, maybe minus 20 if memory serves. Now, he called himself a very warm sleeper, but still.

I used to have a wookie, and for me, the angle the insulation was not ideal for how I like to lay. I also found it to be not as wide as I would like. The concept is great, and the trailwinder from sld works very well for me. I wish he made them in down!

Hammock
    SLD, Townsend bridge
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    WB,UGQ,Nunatak
    Suspension
    Beckets
    I have zero complaints with my Yeti specifically.

The issue of the shock cord is my complaint about all UQs suspended by shockcord and the Yeti is no different.

The Yeti is a fantastic no frills UQ.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• + New Posts