SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Insulation
    JRB, EE
    Suspension
    Kevlar w/ Whoopies

Underquilt in a hurry

I need an underquilt in a hurry, a few weeks max. It looks like just about everyone has close to a 2 month lead time before shipping. Does anyone know of a quicker alternative that I may not have thought of?

Hammock
    DH Darien, SLD Tree Runner
    Tarp
    HG hex
    Insulation
    Timmermade, Revolt
    Suspension
    Kevlar, Lapp Hitch
    Images
    Probably best bet is to post a WTB here with specs. What temp rating? What length?
    Five Basic Principles of Going Lighter (not me... the great Cam Honan of OZ)
    “If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.” ~ Gen. George S Patton

Hammock
    Hennessy UL
    Tarp
    Standard
    Insulation
    JRB Nest
    Suspension
    WS
    Mine came from JacksRBetter. Dont know what their lead time is, but Im happy with mine.

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Yeah, tell us what you are looking for. Some of us might have an extra quilt or two and are on the bubble as far as putting it for sale. If we knew there was a ready buyer, it might be just the encouragement to post the item For Sale. Like I have two full length Camo UQ’s I bought from a DIY’er. The owner rated them at 60 degrees and they would be fine for a day hike afternoon lie - or mild night temps. I keep looking at them (I went with summer weight down UQ instead) thinking I need to put them up for sale some day.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    DIY 11' 1.6 HyperD
    Tarp
    DIY 11' 1.1 SilPol
    Insulation
    AHE
    Suspension
    Evo loops baby!
    If you're not wedded to down, I love my Arrowhead Equipment synthetic quilt set and they're quick! I'm pretty sure I had mine inside 2 weeks (this was last year) and if that's not quick enough I think you can pay a little extra to get to the front of the line.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Insulation
    JRB, EE
    Suspension
    Kevlar w/ Whoopies
    Thanks everyone! I’m looking for a 20*F underquilt that will fit a long torso, I’ve read that the 3/4 Phoenix will work well, otherwise looking for something in the 60” -
    70” range. Not ruling out other 3/4 quilts just need something large enough for a big guy.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Hvn
    Insulation
    Apex/Down
    Suspension
    Birch/Beetle buckl
    Simply Light Designs Trail Winder is a solid asymmetrical quilt sewn into an underquilt protector; I really like mine. Jared is well-known for being super fast; right now there’s a note on his site that his current lead time is 24-48 hours, with a 4-5 day delay if he has to order stuff. When I got my Trail Winder, I wanted ten degrees, and he actually apologized a little for the extra few days it took to get the right weight of climashield. You can select the length you want, and I’ve found mine very easy to get adjusted right to my hammock.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG DCF-All of them
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Kevlar + Beckett
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by D3adh3ad View Post
    Thanks everyone! I’m looking for a 20*F underquilt that will fit a long torso, I’ve read that the 3/4 Phoenix will work well, otherwise looking for something in the 60” - 70” range. Not ruling out other 3/4 quilts just need something large enough for a big guy.

If you're REALLY stuck, I would discuss letting mine go, just to help you out as long as I can order another while the HG sale is on, or at the prevailing price for HammockGear quilts. I wasn't intending to sell mine, but if it could help I would consider it. I won't be using the 20F until it gets cold again. I have a 20F HammockGear Premium Incubator with 950fp, standard length and width in 10D taffeta in and regular 10D out.

Not sure what the protocol is for a transaction like this. Maybe best to post in the WTB forum...
    Last edited by MikekiM; 07-04-2020 at 07:27.
    Yes, my pack weighs 70lbs, but it's all light weight gear....
    Bob's brother-in-law

Hammock
    DIY Hexon 1.0, Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    HG UQ's, EE TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Jacksrbetter usually has them in stock. Their Greylock is long enough for me, and I have a long torso too. Their full length quilts, of course, will work.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Insulation
    JRB, EE
    Suspension
    Kevlar w/ Whoopies
    Thanks for the offer MikekiM, I’m not looking to put anyone out and judging by all the comments there are some options out there with shorter lead times than what I had found. If it is something you would truly be interested in selling I have WTB posted simply titled underquilt.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast