Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG Dyneema
    Insulation
    HG UQ, Custom TQ
    Suspension
    Yes
    I love a Trail Lair, however I owned a 1.1 ripstop that I hated. Now very happy with 1.0 Hexon. For what it’s worth, also loved a 1.0 Robic Streamliner.

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    SLD Hex
    Insulation
    SLD Trail Winder
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I was under the impression it was 1.3oz MTN from Ripstop By the Roll. Black was the last color available before they sold out.

Not to sound snarky, but if you'd asked Jared you'd have your answer by now.
    Last edited by bearito; 07-23-2020 at 15:45.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bearito View Post
    I was under the impression it was 1.3oz MTN from Ripstop By the Roll. Black was the last color available before they sold out.
    Sorry, but I can confirm that's not the case. Jared's 1.3 black stuff is just a basic square ripstop, while the MTN 1.3 (or the MTN 1.2 before it) are 4-way ripstops.

He has also offered the black 1.3 since before MTN 1.3 was released.
    Last edited by cmc4free; 07-23-2020 at 15:41.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    SLD TW/HG Econ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Thanks all for the info and advice. I ended up ordering an 11' TL in Burnt Orange Hexon Wide 1.6 and a black ion windshield. Jared said shipping on material is a bit inconsistent these days (hey, what isn't inconsistent?), so it may take a little longer than the "+1 week ship time", but I'm sure it'll be worth the wait. I waffled like crazy on the color, but wanted something that would coordinate (somewhat) with both my summer and winter tarps (WL gray tadpole & HG coyote brown Journey II, respectively).

Hammock
    Hammock Tent/SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Tarptent/Thunderfl
    Insulation
    EE
    Suspension
    Kevlar/B. Hitch
    Quote Originally Posted by CVKealey View Post
    Thanks all for the info and advice. I ended up ordering an 11' TL in Burnt Orange Hexon Wide 1.6 and a black ion windshield. Jared said shipping on material is a bit inconsistent these days (hey, what isn't inconsistent?), so it may take a little longer than the "+1 week ship time", but I'm sure it'll be worth the wait. I waffled like crazy on the color, but wanted something that would coordinate (somewhat) with both my summer and winter tarps (WL gray tadpole & HG coyote brown Journey II, respectively).
    How did this Hexon wide 1.6 work out? I had a standard width Hexon 1.6 I sold because I wished it was wider. Is it too wide? I hear that complaint sometimes too!

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    SLD TW/HG Econ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimswms View Post
    How did this Hexon wide 1.6 work out? I had a standard width Hexon 1.6 I sold because I wished it was wider. Is it too wide? I hear that complaint sometimes too!
    There is a bit of extra fabric flopping around. But, that's better than it being too narrow, IMHO. It actually feels wider than my Dutchware netless, which is also wide hexon 1.6. I know someone else mentioned they had the TL made with the wide fabric, but cut down to 64", which puts it right in between the standard and wide Hexon. In hindsight, that's probably what I should have ordered, but I'll live with it as-is until I have reason to purchase another one.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12