Tarp
    DIY 12' RSBTR kit
    Insulation
    UGQ-uq OWLtq DIYsy
    Suspension
    SpiderStrap TI tog
    Images

Advice on Machines..

So awhile back I invested in a 910 Berninamatic machine that I picked up for $200 and put $100 in a servicing. She runs well but just not as smooth as I had anticipated. Nothing wrong with it but it isn't as good as I thought.

My mom is adamant that family inherit her Bernina 1090 - and from outward appearances it seems to be more for embroidery. As one of only 2 kids my sibling has been vocal about wanting to sell mom's machine and split the cash.

I won't do that but I am not convinced this is the machine to move forward with. It is one of the first computerized machines (1995) and well that is a long time for computers right?

Anyway if you were me what would you do? I have an aunt that expressed interest in the machine but don't want to hurt mom's feelings if she finds out we gave her machine to my dad's sister.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Be The light in Someone's Darkness - Change the World one Act of Compassion, One Act of Kindness at a Time - We are All Living on Borrowed Time
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfJ...XMJUMaraHGfzhA

Hammock
    WB RR, DIY Bridge (Dutch Kit)
    Tarp
    Kammok Glider
    Insulation
    DIY TQ, DIY BQ
    Suspension
    Whoopsie Slings
    You mentioned you had the 910 serviced. I know that my local sewing machine service place sells reconditioned sewing machines (and you can test them). If yours does that, you might want to check them out for a refurbished machine or take the 1090 in for evaluation.

You've already spend money on a used machine that you are not happy with. I'd hate for you to do the same thing again.

Also, remember, all the fancy stuff probably won't do you much good with our DIY stuff. I only use a straight stitch 99% of the time with a rare use of zig-zag. Don't go for fancy, go for reliable.

Hammock
    DIY 12' 1.6 oz Hyper D Baby
    Tarp
    DIY 12' RSBTR kit
    Insulation
    UGQ-uq OWLtq DIYsy
    Suspension
    SpiderStrap TI tog
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by scrope View Post
    You mentioned you had the 910 serviced. I know that my local sewing machine service place sells reconditioned sewing machines (and you can test them). If yours does that, you might want to check them out for a refurbished machine or take the 1090 in for evaluation.

You've already spend money on a used machine that you are not happy with. I'd hate for you to do the same thing again.

Also, remember, all the fancy stuff probably won't do you much good with our DIY stuff. I only use a straight stitch 99% of the time with a rare use of zig-zag. Don't go for fancy, go for reliable.
    Great advice. I really don't want to sell Mom's Machine while she is still living. If we (I) can't use it though it would be a shame to see it die.
    The shop that services the Bernina's locally has a 9 week back log. The shop I use for my DIY bangers as I call them can look at one right away but with a twist - $115 for servicing. They even tell you that this basic servicing will be required anyhow so that is minimum I would have to pay to get the 1090 looked at which is fair but they aren't specific to Bernina's - In fact the shop doesn't sell the brand. My issue with bringing them the Bernina is that this model, 1090, was the first computerized version they made and well I know electronics are funny sometimes.

Anyhow thanks for the Advice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Be The light in Someone's Darkness - Change the World one Act of Compassion, One Act of Kindness at a Time - We are All Living on Borrowed Time
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfJ...XMJUMaraHGfzhA

• + New Posts