Big Guy Bridge
    Tarp
    CRO Winter Haven
    Insulation
    JRB UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle 15'

Looking at upgrading to a bridge hammock

I've been hammock camping for several years now and have a Chameleon Wide and a diy 12 foot hammock. While I sleep great in them, I've been looking at bridge hammocks for a flatter lay. I still get calf ridge in the Chameleon.

I'm 6 feet tall, 230 lbs. Weight is not an issue as I usually camp out of a kayak. So far, the WB Ridge Runner and Banyon Bridge seem to be the front runners. I have broad shoulders, so the slightly wider Banyon Bridge is wear I'm leaning at the moment.

Unfortunately, this pandemic has cancelled our group hangs so far so I can't even mooch off you people

Your opinions are valuable especially if you've tried both or have another suggestion.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk
    "God never sends us anything we can't handle. Sometimes I wish He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa.

Hammock
    Dutch Netless, WBRR, WBBB
    Tarp
    WB SF / CB
    Insulation
    HG UQ's LL+HG TQ's
    Suspension
    CB's/TurtleTies
    Hello John
    I own a WBRR and can always count on it to give me a good sleep. I switch between the WBRR and a gathered end hammock. I’ve dialed in both hammocks. I use either one in the trees and with my turtledog stand. I use the gathered end with my Tensa stand. Between the two, the WBRR, (double layer) is the most comfortable especially when used with an insulated air mat, (exped synmat inflated half way). It took a few years to put these two systems together. Good luck on your quest for comfort.
    "When the power of Love overcomes the Love of power. The world will know peace." ~ Jimi Hendrix
    "No matter where you go, there you are." ~ Buckaroo Banzai

Hammock
    DIY Bananahammock
    Tarp
    Dutch Duo
    Insulation
    DIY / HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Kevlar & UCR
    Have you considered a bridge from Just Bill? He runs https://thisgearsforyou.com/. I’ve used several of his hammocks ranging from very small to way too large and they are all great! I really prefer a luxury bridge or big guy bridge even though the weight it holds is twice as much as me and the size limit is probably a foot more. It may be a little pricey but it’s a buy once cry once system. No one sells their bridge hammocks from Bill. The for sale section here probably doesn’t even turn up a result. But try typing in other hammocks.

I also love the Warbonnet ridgerunner but I know I wouldn’t like it if I was taller and heavier than my 5’11 170lb self. You may like it but I think you will enjoy bills too. Some notes are that Bills hammocks have lots of airflow so it may be harder to keep warm in cold temps but it’s a plus on hot days bills net is separate.
    Get lost in the woods and find yourself again. A vacation,to me, is working with your hands and surviving because of the fruits of your labor. In the business world I teach;in the natural world I learn.

Quote Originally Posted by wbJohn View Post
    Your opinions are valuable especially if you've tried both or have another suggestion.
    My wife has a Ridgerunner and I like it a lot based on half a dozen times I've used it, but I'm only 5'9" and about 160 pounds. I've also tried Just Bill's bridge hammocks, or one of them anyway, and would add my +1 to BananaHammock's recommendation.
    "...the height of hammock snobbery!"

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by wbJohn View Post
    I've been hammock camping for several years now and have a Chameleon Wide and a diy 12 foot hammock. While I sleep great in them, I've been looking at bridge hammocks for a flatter lay. I still get calf ridge in the Chameleon.

I'm 6 feet tall, 230 lbs. Weight is not an issue as I usually camp out of a kayak. So far, the WB Ridge Runner and Banyon Bridge seem to be the front runners. I have broad shoulders, so the slightly wider Banyon Bridge is wear I'm leaning at the moment.

Unfortunately, this pandemic has cancelled our group hangs so far so I can't even mooch off you people

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk
    I’m 240 6 foot 4 with broad shoulders. The WBRR works for me, but I’m at the upper limits of its comfort and safety rating. I recently upgraded to a big guy bridge hammock from Bill Townsend. Much better! It’s more expensive and a bit heavier, but it’s sooo comfortable! If you decide to buy one, send me a pm- Ive got some neat mods and tricks to make the poles and insulation work better! ( not ready to share with the public yet). I love bridge hammocks- I tried for years to get a gathered end hammock to work for me, but the only thing that has ever worked for me is a bridge. Good luck and have fun!
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

Hammock
    Big Guy Bridge
    Tarp
    CRO Winter Haven
    Insulation
    JRB UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle 15'
    Well, my Big Guy Bridge is on the way. Thanks for all your advice. I'm looking forward to a very comfortable night.

Sent from my SM-T378V using Tapatalk
    "God never sends us anything we can't handle. Sometimes I wish He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa.

• + New Posts