Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Grappler View Post
My YouTube videos
David Hughes
Phantom Grapplers Recommended Ties part 1 and part 2
Slipped Zeppelin bend at 5:22 in part 1
Carolina becket with slip knot in bunny rabbit ear at 4:10 in part 2
(...)

I believe slipped Zeppelin bend and Carolina becket are highly resistant to both slipping and jamming. And they will be reliable for normal hammock hanging—if they are tied correctly and hand tightened with a powerful grip.

(...)
IGKT has some great knot wizards.
Happy knotting!
i thought i know what's meant by a slipped knot, and your video confirms that, indeed, we mean the same thing by it. i still don't understand why you think the slipped version of the zeppelin would be more slip resistant, but okay, i'll give it a try whenever i get a chance to put together that hydraulic test bench i've been dreaming of :/. if you know igkt, you know there's been a long discussion about bends in dyneema, and the zepp was among the first batch to be tested, and was found to slip at relatively low loads.

i liked how you warn about safety when you describe what you called the grappler hitch (i described something somewhat similar which i use , in the soft shackle thread i started a while ago, we seem to agree that for holding critical loads (like human loads), "it holds" is not good enough, and some further thought and testing is required.