Chameleon, SLD Voyageur
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG, Trailwinder
    Suspension
    Cinch buckles

Short trip but good to get out

I took my RBTR Appalachian Hammock out in the woods for a couple days. I loaded up my recumbent bike and rode down to the SE MA Bioreserve and camped in the woods. It's a beautiful area and as remote as you will find in this part of the state. Went to sleep to the sound of coyotes howling. A huge wolf spider was camped on my tree straps in the morning. He scared my far more than the coyotes. I moved off a little ways before having my oatmeal and coffee for breakfast.

I left the Bioreserve and rode over to Myles Standish State Park and rode some of the paved bike trails, then stealth camped before the campgrounds open next week. Hung between a couple pitch pines. Used a cheap bugnet and my camo underquilt protector since it's hard to be stealthy in an orange hammock and I wasn't far off park roads. Saw a bunch of wild turkeys. There were a bunch of red squirrels chattering at me too. After I had settled in a little squirrel ran across my tarp ridgeline. They dropped a bunch of pinecone scales on the tarp all night. The coyotes were howling in Myles Standish too. Loaded up in the morning and rode home.

I really like the hammock and had no issues. This was the first time I've slept overnight with the bugnet, although I slept in my backyard a couple times back in March before bugs were a concern.

My longer out-of-state trips are on hold but this was a nice mini-trip. I'm feeling more refreshed than I have in months. I was long overdue to get out in the woods.

[AIMG][/AIMG]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sounds like a great trip. I personally really enjoy it when the coyotes start singing at night. I know they can be a real pain in the arse for many people but when I'm in the woods and they start their song it awakens my senses. Glad the hammock worked out also. That was a pretty good deal. Thanks for the post and pic, Happy Trails

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    HG 20 Econ Phoenix
    Suspension
    Fiddling...
    That’s a really neat bike setup. Sounds like it was just the trip you needed. Thanks for sharing your report.

Charlotte

• + New Posts