Adaptable top cover / bug net ratio - which hammock

Hello there,
    I'm often hammocking in areas with bugs and where weather warmth wind change a lot (North East Canada) so I tend to bring bugnet AND top cover with me. Often full top cover can be overkill and just bugnet not enough... I think of something like Dutch Moonlight but all the way (not just a window), or simply being able to zip bugnet from one end, and top cover from the other end of the hammock, and then I could simply decide if I go 0% top cover, 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, full, by bringing close both zippers and probably letting the bugnet hanging over a bit to close the gap.

Does somebody knows a Hammock that could allow me to do that? Maybe Dangerbird? What about Sparrow or Chameleon? Right now a full Moonlight is beyond my DIY capacities, I guess I could ask Dutchware for custom also. All the best,

Laurence

Hammock
    Chameleon/TE Happy Medium/SG
    Tarp
    Thunderfly/UGQ WD
    Insulation
    HG / LL
    Suspension
    Becket
    Images
    One idea would be the Simply Light Designs hammock called the Trail Lair. It has an integrated (not completely removable) bug net. A "Wind Shield" option can be added that zips along the bug net zipper. Fully zipped, the top cover leaves openings at both ends for breathability. But it can be unzipped and rolled back to give you the 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, option that you are seeking.

Thanks! Almost it, still would have to get out of the hammock to adjust, and not sure but it looks like a flappy thing if ever wind is there. Their 12f is appealing.. So do you know if there is a way to put the windshield on the inside?

Hammock
    Chameleon/TE Happy Medium/SG
    Tarp
    Thunderfly/UGQ WD
    Insulation
    HG / LL
    Suspension
    Becket
    Images
    It's not a standard offering, but Jared at SLD did do at least one internal top cover that again zips to the bugnet. There's a video review of the Trail Lair here: https://youtu.be/U2FwVDQen3c
    At 6:40 into this vid, Papatechie shows the internal top cover and implies it was kind of a prototype or one-off. But contact Jared and see if it's something he could still do for you.

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    For history, a while back there was a vendor, Hammeck. He had to close shop but while in business he made some great contributions. I have his Envy-S which has in inside windshield coupled with a bug net. You can open the windshield (stuffs in a sack hanging from the ridge line) or open both the windshield and bug net together. I mentioning that model in case you see an Envy-S come up in the For Sale forum. I’m keeping mine
    Last edited by cougarmeat; 06-29-2020 at 00:09.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Looks nice, so being patient or time travel hehe - the good thing with hammock and all those great makers, is that I feel there is no rush, it's either I feel great with what I have now.. or I feel great also with upgrades. Still looking

Hammock
    WB--Dutch-Clark-Amok
    Tarp
    WB-CC-UGQ-Amok
    Insulation
    Down and Synthetic
    Suspension
    CL/Becket~LA/ 7/64
    [QUOTE

Does somebody know a Hammock that could allow me to do that?

Laurence[/QUOTE]

You might want to take a look at the Clark NX-270 sold by Dutch. I have the older TX-250 and it does everything you're asking for.
    Livin’ Large ~ Horizontally

Hammock
    Appalachian Original
    Tarp
    Appalachian Hex
    Insulation
    Cosco throw
    Suspension
    Becket/ER loop
    I use Dutch's Summer Sock. Simply rotating it allows me to adjust the relative amount of cover/mesh, which can be done while in the hammock. You can also rotate it to block wind from a given direction.

• + New Posts