Fellow danglers!!

Good health to you all.

I live in Scotland and looking to do some touring on two wheels. Ive been researching some gear and convinced that the hammock has the power to weight ratio I'm looking for. So I thank you all in advance for the knowledge I gain from all these threads.

For your consideration I have a few models in mind TTTM henessey and DD seem available in my area, before I push the button I figured I'd ask what the wisest of us have gravitated towards - experience of the experienced.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    My first hammock was a $10.00 ENO.
    This is strictly my experience and thoughts. Just my opinion one of several you will receive. Most of us have gone through several hammocks, our likes change as our taste matures. My first hang was a ENO with my sheepskin it and my sheepskin I thought I was in heaven.
    Lots of good choices your personal taste dictates choice At least that is my theory.

My second hammock was a Hennessy. Nice enough except the fabric was not to my liking. Most Hennessy's are a bit shorter than other manufacturers are marketing. I own two DD I really like, way more options.

As HF has grown and developed my needs and choices have developed. I personally really like the newer fabrics and color is important to me. Hennessy's are a good sturdy, early design hammok

Hammock
    To many
    Tarp
    To many
    Insulation
    Incubator 20 + oth
    Suspension
    Buckles
    Images
    A hammock set up can be as heavy & bulky as a tent. To me it was to get me off that hard ground that my old body couldn't take anymore. I travel all over on motorcycles & use a hammock but, I also carry a tiny hiker tent for justincase.

What I started with was a Hennessy Explorer Delux with the Hex fly. Because I could get the whole thing bundled & get started. After a couple year as I learned more I went to buying more hammocks & went down the rabbit hole.

Good luck with your endeavor.

Quote Originally Posted by IRONFISH45 View Post
    My first hammock was a $10.00 ENO.
    This is strictly my experience and thoughts. Just my opinion one of several you will receive. Most of us have gone through several hammocks, our likes change as our taste matures. My first hang was a ENO with my sheepskin it and my sheepskin I thought I was in heaven.
    Lots of good choices your personal taste dictates choice At least that is my theory.

My second hammock was a Hennessy. Nice enough except the fabric was not to my liking. Most Hennessy's are a bit shorter than other manufacturers are marketing. I own two DD I really like, way more options.

As HF has grown and developed my needs and choices have developed. I personally really like the newer fabrics and color is important to me. Hennessy's are a good sturdy, early design hammok
    Yip I agree... I keep gravitating towards the TTTM because of the colour options and the soft material. Will it function for my needs? I guess time will tell, watching a few of shugs videos and reading through several post i think that customisation will get me the rest of the way to where i want to be, that will take time to feel what's right... camping used to be a tent and a bag.. this is so much more exciting

Quote Originally Posted by oldbiker View Post
    A hammock set up can be as heavy & bulky as a tent. To me it was to get me off that hard ground that my old body couldn't take anymore. I travel all over on motorcycles & use a hammock but, I also carry a tiny hiker tent for justincase.

What I started with was a Hennessy Explorer Delux with the Hex fly. Because I could get the whole thing bundled & get started. After a couple year as I learned more I went to buying more hammocks & went down the rabbit hole.

Good luck with your endeavor.
    Thats it, I dont want to try and make the ground comfy, I want float, I think theres a small voice saying .. what if theres no trees? I'm thinking so what, but oh what if there is . My favourite thing about touring is venturing into areas you would have missed being in a car, but I'm really excited about my first hammock trip.

Thanks for the guidance

Hammock
    DIY ROBIC
    Tarp
    OES MacCat SilPoly
    Insulation
    down bag, Klymit
    Suspension
    Kevlar+Str.Anchors
    Always wanted to go riding in Scotland! Though if you are looking to tour locally, would lack of trees be a problem? The touring photos I drool over don't seem to have too many trees in them...but having never been there, I really don't know.

Still, hammocking is so much nicer than tenting, it's worth some effort.

Hammock
    Ask me tomorrow
    Tarp
    Old Blue
    Insulation
    DIY, HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Agnostic
    Images
    Welcome to the rabbit hole! Fiddlers dreams!
    You might reach out and see if you can meet up with other hammockers in your area. Many of us are pretty open to sharing the hammock love.

Welcome and have FUN!

Hammock
    Darian
    Tarp
    Currently hunting
    Insulation
    Enigma/HG
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I do a bit of Moto touring and bring the hammock set up, but also pack a small ultra light bivy that I can set up under my tarp. I have tied tarp to the grab rail on the back of the bike and a fence post in a pinch

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    I'd rather not be known as a dangler, thank you very much

Quote Originally Posted by TrailSlug View Post
    I'd rather not be known as a dangler, thank you very much