Quote Originally Posted by fjneeb View Post
I assume you mean top quilt, or am I missing something here?

Hey Shug, big fan...I've watched more of your videos than I'm scared to admit - so naturally I went and watched those two videos (again) before I made this thread, but they didn't give me exactly what I was looking for to be honest...though I'd chalk that up to me just being a very particular sleeper.

I feel that a sleeping bag can get too restrictive because of how it tapers (even in quilt mode) and how the hood would be awkwardly placed over my head, sort of like a lid over my head if I were to use it as a quilt. I like to get pretty wide when I sleep on my stomach, pretty much as wide as the pad will let me be. That's why I thought a blanket solution would work better for me personally, and the fact that it'll be even one more step closer to the way I sleep at home. Many people who are primarily stomach sleepers at home have said that they have no problems sleeping on the back in a hammock, but unfortunately I haven't had that experience...at least yet anyway.

The issue I can foresee with a blanket solution though is cold spots around the edges of the pad.

Thanks for the added reassurance!
I too have problems with cold spots around the edges of a pad. I am restless enough that I fear the pad straps won't do an adequate job, and the Draumr would probably have to be modified to allow them to be used anyway. I am now considering a huge top quilt (over 80" wide) so that I can basically use it as a double wide sleeping bag when I'm really worried about cold drafts.

Anybody else have similar problems, or solutions?