Hammock
    Amok,Clark NX270, ENO junglenest
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    I looked at that pocket very close this morning and in my opinon they are definitely a weak point. They fold the webbing over and sew the sides, no reinforcement of any kind. In my case the pole went through the corner of the pocket. Those pockets made me nervous from the start because they're so shallow. I was afraid they could pop out with any movement so I always double checked them.

Hammock
    Amok,Clark NX270, ENO junglenest
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    I am VERY HAPPY to say I contacted Haven about my hammocks failure and they replaced it right way. NO send it to us to decide who's at fault or send us pictures! NO hoops to jump thru, just an email saying replacement on its way. Now thats FIRST CLASS customer service. Now for you Haven owners. Due to my misfortune I had the fortune to tear the old apart piece by piece. There's a couple things you should be aware of. The material for the pole pockets are way too shallow and the material used is way to weak. My pole went straight thru the pocket. The square you see behind the pocket is USELESS. I was able to pill it off the hammock body with very little effort and the glue used is still sticky. The corners to hold your pad in place are too SMALL, when you move the pad pops out and I think that adds pressure on the pole pockets. This morning I reenforced mine with a double layer of duck tape, not an easy task. Before I forget check your pole ends I found a small burr on one of mine which may have started the problem. Bottom line is I really like my Haven and love the comfort but it will take me awhile to relax, waitting for the POP.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SoaknWet View Post
    I am VERY HAPPY to say I contacted Haven about my hammocks failure and they replaced it right way. NO send it to us to decide who's at fault or send us pictures! NO hoops to jump thru, just an email saying replacement on its way. Now thats FIRST CLASS customer service. Now for you Haven owners. Due to my misfortune I had the fortune to tear the old apart piece by piece. There's a couple things you should be aware of. The material for the pole pockets are way too shallow and the material used is way to weak. My pole went straight thru the pocket. The square you see behind the pocket is USELESS. I was able to pill it off the hammock body with very little effort and the glue used is still sticky. The corners to hold your pad in place are too SMALL, when you move the pad pops out and I think that adds pressure on the pole pockets. This morning I reenforced mine with a double layer of duck tape, not an easy task. Before I forget check your pole ends I found a small burr on one of mine which may have started the problem. Bottom line is I really like my Haven and love the comfort but it will take me awhile to relax, waitting for the POP.
    Good to hear they took care of your misfortune.
    I expect all new developers have 3 to 5 years of growing pains. It needs to out on the market in the real world for these to start showing themselves it seems.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

What sleep system did you use with the Haven on your trip? If you used a quilt did you have any issues with drafts?

Thanks

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DougB View Post
    What sleep system did you use with the Haven on your trip? If you used a quilt did you have any issues with drafts?

Thanks
    I've only used my top quilts with mine and never had a draft.
    The video below has me using my Haven on a backpacking trip.
    Shug

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair & WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    HG 12ft. Sil Poly
    Insulation
    SLD Trail Winder
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by DougB View Post

Thanks
    I have the regular Haven. I am a 98% side sleeper so it works great for me. I recently went out for a night that got down to 38 degrees. I used the insulated pad, of course and I also had my HG, 20 degree top quilt. No drafts, no cold spots. I was toasty warm and very happy with my Haven. Like Shug and others I am working to get the weight down and also like Shug and others, I use my own tarp. Just don't like to be enclosed. Sooooo, I like it a lot. Very flat and great for a side sleeper. Just like home without the wife snoring.
    ~ Rerun

In 100 years it won't make any difference...

Hammock
    Hammock Tent/SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Tarptent/Thunderfl
    Insulation
    EE
    Suspension
    Kevlar/B. Hitch
    Anybody compared the XL to a ridge runner? I passed on a ridge runner, because as a semi fetal sleeper, I always found my knees on those hard edges. Would I have the same problem with the haven?

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimswms View Post
    Anybody compared the XL to a ridge runner? I passed on a ridge runner, because as a semi fetal sleeper, I always found my knees on those hard edges. Would I have the same problem with the haven?
    Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
    Real easy to side sleep in Haven XL. It is flat and has a pad.
    Shug

Hammock
    WBBB XLC / Wide Chameleon
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Econ Incubator
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    I got to sleep in my Safari for the first time last night. Pad deflated and I awoke with a sore back. Re-inflated and let my wife lay in it ( I bought it for her and the kids to use while at the RV), and she LOVED it ! First thing she asked,'Can you sleep on your side in it ?' Once she got in, she was in love. 'I like this WAY better than the other hammocks you have.' Still waiting to hear back from them about the pad, the missing extension straps and Ridgeline Light.
    Depending on their customer service, I may order the regular XL as well to backpack with.

Hammock
    Haven tent (soon)
    Tarp
    Hilleberg UL10
    Insulation
    Pad (soon)
    Suspension
    Strap and carabine
    Images
    Hello.
    I have the XL and have used it a few times, my height is almost 6’2 and weight is around 240 ish.

No problem in fitting inside, plenty of room and nice height inside!
    It’s airy and ventilation with one side open is good, but when both doors are closed, it gets a bit blah for me. You can see in one picture, how my breath has made a dry patch in the tarp! :P

My experience in rain was not good. I will try and reach out to their support, haven’t done so yet… but when it rains, the material “soaks” up water (especially the tarp!?) and the zippers together with the suspension, soaks so much they “infuse” the fabric and eventually it starts to drip from the pockets inside, on the short ends hanging by the ventilation and also from the ridge line inside, not pleasant at all.

I’ve had some other setups before, and been in lots of rain, but this is the first tarp I have used that absorbs water.

Been hiking in the mountains with tents as well, still have not had any similar experience with any tent either… not from the inner or outer fly.
    (Hiking above the tree line, tent it is! Brand of choice, Hilleberg).

A purchase was made of a new tarp, a DD XL… BIG and heavy.. but hopefully it’ll keep me and my hammock / haven tent dry!

Posting some pics, for anyone interested and thank you for your time.

Take care and hang out there!

Best regards, Charlie.

0114B4CD-68D9-4DDE-AF3A-D89892E679BA.jpg
    96056437-6DFE-47E0-9699-D277DC00E62F.jpg
    70F9642C-3AE0-4EBC-A919-2CAB5B5CCDEF.jpeg
    9325046D-1CBC-4756-A7E2-79E93DA59F9A.jpeg
    57A6F98B-CE00-4F83-808B-0DA6856D5405.jpg

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast