Hammock
    Amok,Clark NX270, ENO junglenest
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    I got the XL, plenty of room, plus very comfortable and I,m a definite side sleeper. It may become my new #1. I plan on using Shug,s ideas to lighten it up. Wonder how long it will take for someone to come up with lighter poles, maybe carbon. Bottom line for me, MONEY WELL SPENT!

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx or Pads
    Suspension
    Straps and Biners
    Images
    I took my "new" Haven out this weekend on it's maiden voyage. So far I'll agree with all the plusses/minuses listed so far. Unlike my WBRR, it felt really odd with the foot higher....so I did a lot of tinkering until I got what looked like the head a bit higher. This to me felt much better. Also....it felt the whole night I was being kind of rolled to my right (there's no head/foot end that I know of, just the way I had it hanging). Has anyone else had this experience? I was too lazy to get up in the middle of the night and tinker and I forgot to do much checking once I got up in the morning. I'm thinking maybe I didn't have the pad sitting just right in the bottom or similar?

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zukiguy View Post
    I took my "new" Haven out this weekend on it's maiden voyage. So far I'll agree with all the plusses/minuses listed so far. Unlike my WBRR, it felt really odd with the foot higher....so I did a lot of tinkering until I got what looked like the head a bit higher. This to me felt much better. Also....it felt the whole night I was being kind of rolled to my right (there's no head/foot end that I know of, just the way I had it hanging). Has anyone else had this experience? I was too lazy to get up in the middle of the night and tinker and I forgot to do much checking once I got up in the morning. I'm thinking maybe I didn't have the pad sitting just right in the bottom or similar?
    I like my Haven with the footend a wee bit lower than head. As to the pad and feeling off to one side.....just get out and reach in and puch the pad down along that side that feels "up". It is important to have the pd under the 4 pad holders in each corner of the inside of the Haven.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Towns end, WBRR
    Tarp
    Mini/thunder, ugq
    Insulation
    AHE,zenbivy,JRB,HG
    Suspension
    HG UL Daisy chain
    Quote Originally Posted by zukiguy View Post
    if you feel you’re leaning to one side..simply slide your elbow between the pad and tent body on the side that is high and push your whole arm down. Hard to explain, easy to do.
    my biggest downfall with the haven for me is lack of a true 4 season pad.
    I also prefer the fabric they used on the earlier models. The newer models fabric stretches a lot. So much so that when I purchased a 2nd one I had to return it. Didn’t like it at all. Derek was great about it and sent me one from an earlier run that had the same type of fabric.
    kris
    Last edited by Kmazuro; 10-08-2021 at 19:08.

Hammock
    WB XLC
    Tarp
    WB TF
    Insulation
    WB Yeti
    Suspension
    Dutch/Whoopie
    Got the Haven XL in yesterday. Luckily I watched a number of videos, including Shug's about some of the gripes and workarounds. Switched out the suspension and biners for spider huggers, dutchclips, whoopies, and dutch biners. The stuff that was with it was SUPER stretchy and, as mentioned from the beginning of the Haven's journey, WAY too short. The changing of the guard in suspension helped on how high I needed to pitch it. Definitely waiting for the pad cover to come out still for the XLs. Pitched in the backyard for the test run. Got down to 26deg with just the pad and a 15deg TQ. Got the chill below and sauntered in. Shug recommended possibly grabbin' a CCF to slip underneath. I have a 30deg UQ that opens wide, might try to find a way to rig that under. Here's the pics with the WB Thunder.

PXL_20211123_212815556.MP.jpg
    PXL_20211123_205426835.jpg
    I think I shall never see a billboard as lovely as a tree.
    Perhaps, unless the billboards fall, I'll never see a tree at all. -- Ogden Nash

Hammock
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    I am a side sleeper and have spent almost 3 months sleeping in mine, both indoors and outdoors. First I do not care for the tarp, way to confining for me. Couple of things I would change. The corner pieces that hold the pad in place definitely need to be bigger, too much flip flopping at night pad comes out. Would like to see deeper pole pockets, probably not needed, but worry me they could pop out during movement. Finally a way to quiet the pad down the noise is a pain. They're suppose to come out with a pad cover for the XL, hoping its soon. Over all I really like it and would definity recomend it.

Hammock
    1.2 MTN
    Tarp
    12' DCF Hex
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Kevlar strap
    I agree about the noise, it’s so bad I stopped using mine. The comfort is great, but I’m a light sleeper and the noise wakes me with the slightest move.

Great for lounging, but for me, not for sound sleeping.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Well hate to post this but will. After bragging about how much I like my Haven XL, it got me. Got in it last night, got comfortable heard a pop sound and felt a small drop. Got out to see the spreader pole sticking out the side of the hammock. From day 1 I felt the pole pockets were too shallow, turns out that was not the problem. The pole went through the pocket and ripped the side of the hammock out. I've had it for less than a year, in fairness I've slept in it every night for the last 2 months. L'm 73 years old and take good care of my rigs, no rough housing, in my opinon this should not have happened. I'm not going to bad mouth the Haven XL because I really enjoyed it. I did send Haven an email hoping for some kind of help. I have pictures but dont know how to post them

Hammock
    Towns end, WBRR
    Tarp
    Mini/thunder, ugq
    Insulation
    AHE,zenbivy,JRB,HG
    Suspension
    HG UL Daisy chain
    Quote Originally Posted by SoaknWet View Post
    Well hate to post this but will. After bragging about how much I like my Haven XL, it got me. Got in it last night, got comfortable heard a pop sound and felt a small drop. Got out to see the spreader pole sticking out the side of the hammock. From day 1 I felt the pole pockets were too shallow, turns out that was not the problem. The pole went through the pocket and ripped the side of the hammock out. I've had it for less than a year, in fairness I've slept in it every night for the last 2 months. L'm 73 years old and take good care of my rigs, no rough housing, in my opinon this should not have happened. I'm not going to bad mouth the Haven XL because I really enjoyed it. I did send Haven an email hoping for some kind of help. I have pictures but dont know how to post them
    sorry this happened to you. I do know of another person that happened to a while back. I’ve since, placed a square of adhesive patch on the inside to offer some additional strength to the fabric as a precaution. I don’t think that would help me if the pole tore straight through the pocket though.
    id contact Derrick at haven. Their customer support is top notch.

Hammock
    Gold Armour 10.4
    Tarp
    Gold Armour 10x12
    Insulation
    DIY synthetic 30*
    Suspension
    Spider straps
    Would lining the pole pockets, or actually making the pockets out of cut proof glove material help with that issue?

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast