Good Day all! It's been a while since I've posted on these forums, but couldn't think of a better place to get trip ideas. My family is currently in the process of packing up our house and moving after a long period of being holed for the Pandemic. Long story short, we've missed a few annual trips the last few months and my son and I are itching to get out. I'm looking for a 3 day trip with low mileage and am looking for something that will have fishing opportunities. My 11 year old just received his arrow of light before the pandemic and just finished reading "Hatchet" and "My Side of the Mountain". He is locked on to doing a "survival" trip. I am locked on to taking him on a much needed father son solo trip. I've been planning on either doing Grayson Highlands or Dolly Sods prior to him expressing his fishing desires. I'd like to keep the mileage short. A short hike in and out on days 1 and 3 with maybe 5-6 miles on day 2 with access to some fishing. My boy really wants to catch our own dinner on the main day.

I'm located in Southern Ohio and am open to traveling anywhere up to a 4-6 hour radius of 45601. Up for hammock and tent options. Thanks in advance for the ideas!