Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone have pics of the charcoal gray?

I did a forum search but didn't turn up much. I've been thinking that a charcoal gray Wooki might look very nice against my purple XLC, but only if the gray isn't too dark. I also was thinking it could be a good color for an underquilt protector. The charcoal gray looks pretty light in the pictures on Warbonnet's site, but it's helpful to see actual pictures of people's gear. Does anyone have pics of a charcoal gray item? Preferably an underquilt or underquilt protector, but a tarp, hammock, or top cover picture would be helpful as well. Or if anyone knows how Warbonnet's charcoal gray compares to charcoal gray in a Ripstop by the Roll hammock fabric, that would also be very helpful because my Sparrow has both 1.6 HyperD and 2.2 Hex70 in charcoal gray, and I think that color would work perfectly with a purple hammock.

Also, can anyone think of a reason why it might be a bad idea to have an underquilt and an underquilt protector be the same color? I can understand wanting a contrast with the hammock, so that you don't sit down on the wrong thing, but is there an issue with the quilt and protector matching?

Thanks!
    Last edited by bansheekitty; 06-18-2020 at 11:20.

I have a XLC in 40D dream tex charcoal gray... let me get a pic and I'll upload it - it's much more brown then I had thought it would be... but I do like it.

Here you go - second pic has the brown wookie, but you can see the charcoal XLC on top

Wow, that does look pretty brown. Would you say that the color in the picture is accurate to how it appears in real life?

Edit: Oops, just realized I had been looking at the Wooki, which is actually brown. There definitely is a bit of a brownish tint to the XLC though. Thanks for the pics!

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    I would agree with that pic. Almost a brownish with a tiny, TINY purplish/red but not in a bad way...if you don't like purple. Hard to explain. This color is a total chameleon.

Here's two more pics I just took - one inside and one outside for lighting... I agree it's very much a chameleon

Quote Originally Posted by rileybassman1 View Post
    Here's two more pics I just took - one inside and one outside for lighting... I agree it's very much a chameleon
    It is, wow. It looks browner in the outdoor picture.
    Last edited by bansheekitty; 06-18-2020 at 16:43.

The charcoal gray for my Sparrow is definitely gray. I'm surprised to see such a contrast in color for the Warbonnet fabric.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Messing with the color options for the Bad Weather Bonnet has been helpful for testing out how colors will look against my purple XLC, but unfortunately charcoal gray isn't an option for that. The gold looks good against the purple, and purple/gold were my college colors, but I don't know that purple on gold is a color combo I would want in the woods. I like that the gray would be a little stealthier, and the gray would be all you could see of my hammock once the tarp is up (unless it's in porch mode). I prefer to have my camping gear be muted on the outside, party on the inside.

Hammock
    WBBB SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0° Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    The charcoal grey is very different depending on the fabric! The Dream-Tex really is a nice dark Dark Olive. The tarp fabric changes its color depending on the light and view angle. It can look dusty grey, dark brown and anything inbetween. The 70D, 40D and 20D nylons are a normal charcoal grey. I haven't seen the new 15D quilt fabric, yet.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast