Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    Dutch Xenon Hex
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/ EE
    Suspension
    Cinch buckles

Snapped secondary suspension

I snapped the secondary suspension at the end of my HG Burrow Econ. Basically I tied a little half hitch to see if I could keep it from slipping when I had it pulled out tight, but I tightened it too much. It's up there in the all-time dumbest things I have ever done. Haha. I already ordered the 55" of shock cord that Hammock Gear sells. Will it be as easy as feeding it through the lock and re-tying back with the knot of cords near the S-biner?

Let this post serve as a warning, even someone who has been hanging for years does really dumb stuff sometimes. I swore so loud at my campsite that I think I woke up the bears from next year's hibernation already.

Hammock
    DIY 11 ft Double Layer
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    HG Inc30 / B40
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Marmaduke View Post
    I snapped the secondary suspension at the end of my HG Burrow Econ. Basically I tied a little half hitch to see if I could keep it from slipping when I had it pulled out tight, but I tightened it too much. It's up there in the all-time dumbest things I have ever done. Haha. I already ordered the 55" of shock cord that Hammock Gear sells. Will it be as easy as feeding it through the lock and re-tying back with the knot of cords near the S-biner?

Let this post serve as a warning, even someone who has been hanging for years does really dumb stuff sometimes. I swore so loud at my campsite that I think I woke up the bears from next year's hibernation already.
    Sorry to hear that! Super easy to fix. Just feed the loose ends through the lineloc's on the corners of the quilt, tie an overhand knot to prevent the line from coming out of the lineloc, then connect it to the S-Biner. We typically do a double lark's head on the S-Biner. As always, if you run into any additional issues, feel free to reach out to us via email
    Harry Carlson
    Customer Support
    www.hammockgear.com
    740-445-4327
    [email protected]

• + New Posts