Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolloff View Post
    I guess you could call it a redesign although "custom build" might be a more accurate term, since I don't have any idea if it would ever become an actual offering on the site. Lead times are long atm over there, of course, and they will be moving shop during this time as well, so fulfillment will be into September. I'll keep things updated if there's interest, as my kit progresses and more of the dimensions and weights get worked out.

Jeremy has started work on my Raven pack previous to this post. I'm getting excited about that as well and the finish dates on both pieces of kit are pretty much the same. The Bearkade Scout food canister, that is part of this system, is also being constructed with a delivery date of late Aug-Sept. Everybody is out of everything atm. Jeremy managed to somehow locate a couple pieces of Dyneema over at RxR that weren't even listed on the site, in order to get started.

Hard to say too much in support of our HF cottage vendors and members. You reach out..they reach right back even harder.
    Thank you mate! My appreciation hearing in with the feed back. Ok a custom build hammock nice, as for a busy schedule ahead the up and move too the new premises... Cheers! l can wade out from here!
    From the sounds of things some good gear and exciting times are just ahead for you!... enjoy these happy days!

Hammock
    Chameleon, Netless
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12, WB ThFly
    Insulation
    UGQ , HG, WB
    Suspension
    Dutch, Turtle Ties
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbo View Post
    Thank you mate! My appreciation hearing in with the feed back. Ok a custom build hammock nice, as for a busy schedule ahead the up and move too the new premises... Cheers! l can wade out from here!
    From the sounds of things some good gear and exciting times are just ahead for you!... enjoy these happy days!
    Good discussion. What has intrigued me about integrated hammock/insulation is NOT for temps > 10*F. For those temps, setup variances and drafts are manageable. What has me intrigued is a dedicated, leak free, easy setup for < 10*F.
    Realizing as many of you have commented, that I have other hammocks and quilts for other uses/temps. ... and being able to layer or stack my conventional UQ's under this integrated system for even colder sub-zero(F) temps.

Hammock
    Townsend Big Guy
    Tarp
    thunderfly
    Insulation
    Klymit/KAQ
    Suspension
    Several
    Shug just put out a video yesterday. He took his Superior insulated hammock with comforter down to -18*F with no problems. He has several other videos on using the Superior insulated hammock.

Hammock
    BBXLC
    Tarp
    12' HG Journey
    Insulation
    Wooki 20*
    I've got a superior hammock on order. Currently sitting in my HG Wanderlust kit. I guess I'll see which I prefer in 5-6 weeks.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeG77 View Post
    Shug just put out a video yesterday. He took his Superior insulated hammock with comforter down to -18*F with no problems. He has several other videos on using the Superior insulated hammock.
    My Winter go-to hammock now. Super warm and no UQ adjusting.
    Shug O' Warmth
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    DIY 11.5 XL
    Tarp
    WinterDream 11
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Dyneema/MSH
    I can see the appeal of an insulated hammock since I use a 20 degree UQ nearly year round with the exception of stacking in extreme cold. I do like the ability to shove my underquilt to the side in warmer weather or at the beginning of the evening and then simply pull it it back under me in the early morning hours. I do use a kind of lazy slug tube which allows me to keep my underquilt attached at all times and also mostly negates me having to make underquilt adjustments other than to possibly make minor adjustments which is just a slight tug.

For those interested with the integrated hammock design.... take a check in with easyhammock.co.uk..... owner Matthew makes a few hammocks, two of his designs are integrated, insulation rated at... +10c 50f and a -5c 23f.... these hammocks are symmetrical lay completed with sewn in bug nets....

Having integrated insulation is invaluable for me, even coming from using Warbonnet's Wooki. I'm from Canada, and I've never hammock camped further south than southern Colorado. I've never felt that my underquilt was too warm (I've had both the 0° and -20° Wooki) even in the middle of summer. So I've always needed an underquilt, and I'd rather have a second setup (with a very light underquilt) if I ever planned on going somewhere where it doesn't drop below 75° at night).

Hammock
    WBBB XLC / Wide Chameleon
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Econ Incubator
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    I ordered a 12' hammock from Dutch to see how i like the length compared to the 11' foot hammocks i currently have (including a Wide chameleon). The plan was to use it as a cheap test drive to see what length to order from Superior Gear. One main issue i have with being tall, is that my feet are always hitting the shock cord suspension on my UQ. Not only that, but the shock cord counteracts my using the pull outs at the footend. I think the Superior hammock solves both those issues.

Hammock
    DW Chameleon, WB Eldorado
    Tarp
    Thunder/Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20/40
    Suspension
    DW Beetle Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortalviking View Post
    I ordered a 12' hammock from Dutch to see how i like the length compared to the 11' foot hammocks i currently have (including a Wide chameleon). The plan was to use it as a cheap test drive to see what length to order from Superior Gear. One main issue i have with being tall, is that my feet are always hitting the shock cord suspension on my UQ. Not only that, but the shock cord counteracts my using the pull outs at the footend. I think the Superior hammock solves both those issues.
    Maybe look at the triangle thingies to change the angle of the UQ suspension. It might give you enough room to use the pull outs and clear the foot area. I'm pretty sure you can jerry rig something similar to test it out.

Are you using a full length or 3/4 UQ? I find that with the 3/4 length UQ my feet tend to find the shock cord suspension when I'm moving around.

https://www.arrowhead-equipment.com/...eThingies.html

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast