Looking for advice and experience with mounting options in an enclosed trailer for hammocking

We have hung in various ways and love to sleep in a hammock. We recently purchased an enclosed trailer we want to see how we can sleep in. We did put our turtle dogs inside and it worked even though it filled the space way too much with those devices.
    There must be a better way.
    I've been thinking about etrack on the walls, even the 2x4 holder of etrack across the width of the trailer, even tried to find a way to mount Eno wall hanging kits.
    It would be easier to hang in a tree, or next setup the turtle dogs outside, but in inclement weather, it'd be nice to get inside the covered trailer and still have a good hang.

What have you done or tried or think might work?

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    It’s been said many times but doesn’t hurt to repeat. Understand the design forces of the room. In a house, those vertical 2 x 4’s are there to keep the ceiling up and to hold sheet rock. They are not designed to handle a large inward pull. It doesn’t mean they won’t work - if you get the screws in a solid piece of 2 x 4 - it means paying attention to what’s happening to the walls.

So with a trailer, I’m guessing the designer didn’t figure on an inward pull of a couple hundred lbs from a tiny spot. Doesn’t mean it won’t work - but care is needed. If there was some way to spread the pull over a wider surface - like plate of some kind, that might help. If it were me, I’d call the manufacturer of the trailer and tell her what I have in mind. Maybe there will be a recommendation of what walls would be best for the anchor.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Quote Originally Posted by cougarmeat View Post
    It’s been said many times but doesn’t hurt to repeat. Understand the design forces of the room. In a house, those vertical 2 x 4’s are there to keep the ceiling up and to hold sheet rock. They are not designed to handle a large inward pull. It doesn’t mean they won’t work - if you get the screws in a solid piece of 2 x 4 - it means paying attention to what’s happening to the walls.

So with a trailer, I’m guessing the designer didn’t figure on an inward pull of a couple hundred lbs from a tiny spot. Doesn’t mean it won’t work - but care is needed. If there was some way to spread the pull over a wider surface - like plate of some kind, that might help. If it were me, I’d call the manufacturer of the trailer and tell her what I have in mind. Maybe there will be a recommendation of what walls would be best for the anchor.
    Thanks a ton. Good ideas and good concerns.

You could consider a trelles with cross bracing- all out of 2x4's and constructed inside the trailer. the cross bracing would provide the anchor points for the suspension . As cougarmeat said- very few trailer's are built with lateral forces in mind- so building a framework within the trailer would be my .02.

Hammock
    Dutchware Netless - for now
    Tarp
    Xenon Winter
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Dutchware sells an adjustable wall mount (although I've seen it elsewhere as a bed tie-down for trailers). Gives adjustability but also distributes the load from a single point. May also be a useful addition to your trailer for hauling or securing a load.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

etrack will work, but instead of hanging the hammock directly on the hardware, run a pipe (like on your TDS) from bracket to bracket and hang from the ends so that the resulting force is pretty much vertical.

Hammock
    Varies
    Tarp
    GargoyleGear Ogee
    Insulation
    UQ-varies w/season
    Suspension
    Dutchgear
    I would build a "stand" (2 studs and a joist) and attach it permanently to the interior surfaces of the trailer. Then attach e-tracks to the stand.
    Dave

"Loneliness is the poverty of self; solitude is the richness of self."~~~May Sarton

• + New Posts