Hello from Bozeman MT!

Hello!

I've been a fan of hammocks for a long long time, and bought a cheap ENO knockoff a year or two ago that I use to lounge in all the time out-of-doors at parks and little day-hikes.

I've focused on enjoying the outdoors more this year and am working to set up a hammock backpacking rig! I have a ways to go in terms of gear but I've lurked a ton here, watched plenty of shug, and I'm about at the point where I have a bare minimum setup for overnight (not quite backpacking yet) camping.

Anyways, I hope to become a member of this little community -- I love tinkering with things -- and in the short term I'll be asking a lot of annoying questions!

Speaking of that, where exactly is the best place to ask a bunch of small questions without cluttering the forum with a million threads?

Thanks,
    Trapper

Hammock
    Hammocktent 90*, Sparrow, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    light & waterproof
    Insulation
    Ongoing experiment
    Suspension
    Ongoing experiment
    Go for it, clutter away ;-). Besides you can post to the 4 sale forum until you have umpteen posts.

I lived in BZ for many years. Graduated HS from Helena. Worked in the GYE for decades and I absolutely loved it. I now live in the Bitterroot since 2017 where I moved after my wife crossed the great divide.

Hammock
    WB RR
    Tarp
    12' Winter Shelter
    Insulation
    Quilts
    Welcome from Bozeman, MT. There are 10,000 options a lot of questions and exploring along the way. Enjoy the fun and ask lots of questions. Look forward to meeting you on the trail, river, lake... Beautiful area to hammock!
    We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately. - Ben Franklin
    (known as a win-win on this forum)

Hammock
    DIY Hexon 1.0, Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    HG UQ's, EE TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Welcome! Ask us...we will help. It's good to try to search, but the site's search function isn't the best. The Stickies in certain forums are great resources too.

Hammock
    Dangerbird, (custom) thanks Papa
    Tarp
    10x10 DIY
    Insulation
    DIY insultex.
    Suspension
    Woopie, UCR
    Welcome aboard. I think we all like ?s. There are yrs of experience here.

Sent from my SM-T720 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the kind words, everyone! It's great to hear from some bozemanites as well.

I just finished my first DIY hammock -- continuous loops, 1.0 oz HyperD, and an adjustable ridgeline for 6.5 ounces! I'll test it out tomorrow.

I expect to be making some question posts soon!

Hammock
    WB Eldorado/DIY
    Tarp
    WB MiniFly/DIY 12'
    Insulation
    WB Wooki/HG Burrow
    Suspension
    DW Spider/Beetle
    Welcome! Although I have only visited the Bozeman area, for a few afternoons here and there, I'm really frawn to that area. The proximity to the National Parks, the world class fishing areas, the hiking, and on and on.

You found the right people for hammock questions. None better anywhere (speaking of others, not necessarily myself).

Hammock
    DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    HG Dyneema
    Insulation
    LL-40/HG 0
    Suspension
    Becket hitch!
    I learned (heck still learning) best when I went to a few group hangs or just went out with one or two people. I was able to look at what they where talking about and be able to understand better while I had it in hand. Find a few hangers from the area on here and plan a trip and take a look at their gear, hang in it for a little bit, if they will let you. Every hammock is a bit different, it took me buying and selling 8 hammocks till I found the perfect comfort in a dream hammock sparrow!
    To only step where others have stepped means not to have your own adventures. Live, Love, and Adventure so you may leave your own foot prints!

Hammock
    Dutchware Half-Z
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Minifly
    Insulation
    Tigris el Cheapo
    Suspension
    Straps
    Howdy from Houston!

These people are great. I attribute all of my hammock success to the knowledge and answers I've received here.

Happy hanging,
    "If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done." - L Wittgenstein

• + New Posts