Hammock
    Warbonnet XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wookie/Costco TopQ
    Suspension
    Straps/Ring Buckle
    Years ago, my cousin, a poet, had me store years of her writings in my basement storage locker. And my landlord's cleaning crew threw them all away--despite them clearly being marked as mine and with a date!

It was a tough conversation.
    Somebody told me how frightening it was how much topsoil we are losing each year, but I told that story around the campfire and nobody got scared.
    - Jack Handey

aw man i totally know the feels although on a much smaller scale. Had a storage pin i stored my computer cooling fluid in well, come to find out it started leaking, well then mold and yadada well my camping canteen molle carry bag for my cook kit was in their. I really did throw that one away.

Hammock
    11' 1.6 Hexon
    Tarp
    D.I.Y. 12' winter
    Insulation
    cool weather
    Suspension
    Poly. S.S. Beckett
    Images
    Everytime I reorganize thinking I'm getting things more itemized, I miss something. Like my really good compass, ended up in my knife box. I misplaced my 1.6 xenon hammock from dutch in the process. 3 months later I pulled out the wet/dry vac and it's setting in the top tool tray! I'm still looking for my leatherman wave for like the millionth time, Wife say's "It'll turn up". It will. In a pocket somewhere I'm sure...

Hammock
    WB Eldorado SL
    Tarp
    HG DCF std camo
    Insulation
    WB DB + Wooki 20*
    Suspension
    Dyneema + Becket
    Me and a couple of buddies hiked from Davenport Gap to Newfound Gap in 1991 right before I joined the Navy. We all found nice walking sticks before we set out and I ended up keeping mine. After a couple of transfers I noticed I hadn't seen it in a while and it turns out it stayed in one of our previous apartments right where I had put it, behind a bedroom door leaned in the corner. Bummer.

I'm doing a post Navy retirement LASH on the AT next spring, I have hiking poles now and wouldn't use the stick anyway but it would be cool to still have.

Hammock
    RSBTR Trail Lair clone
    Tarp
    HG DCF
    Insulation
    UGQ HG JRB AHE
    Suspension
    Myers Hybrid Dynee
    That’s a gut wrenching feeling, for sure. Right now, I'm wondering what I may have done with a Chameleon bug net (now that it's bug season) and what I've done with my splicing tools. :/ I don’t *think* I've thrown them away....

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12