banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Quote Originally Posted by SLG45 View Post
    Any pics? I just tried my 11' tarp and it is longer than my stand (as it sits now with the ridgeline). I can make it work, but not ideal.
    Assuming your hammock has a ridgeline, removing the stand ridgeline and possibly lengthening the hammock suspension should cause the apexes to bow outward enough to tension an 11' tarp. If your hammock has no ridgeline, lengthen the stand ridgeline and maybe let out the suspension to do the same thing.
    --
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Hammock
    Warbonnet ridgerunner/ chameleon
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    Synthetic UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch beetles
    Quote Originally Posted by SLG45 View Post
    Any pics? I just tried my 11' tarp and it is longer than my stand (as it sits now with the ridgeline). I can make it work, but not ideal.
    This is what i came up with

Hammock
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    Synthetic UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch beetles

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltfly View Post
    Ah, bridge hammock with its low apexes is a special case. Tarp extensions not attractively high enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    --
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Hammock
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    Synthetic UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch beetles
    Quote Originally Posted by Latherdome View Post
    Ah, bridge hammock with its low apexes is a special case. Tarp extensions not attractively high enough.

I use the aluminum poles for my GE hammocks too. The tarp pitch and ridge line tension all change when ya get in the hammock. I had it worked out pretty good for awhile but I just got tired of the low tarp height. The poles get the tarp up nice, and it’s independent of the stand

ah gosh darn it, i have no trees in my yard since i moved last fall and my new Blackbird XLC and Minifly just came in... I really need this if its a big guy approved item
    I'm 6'3" 260lbs.
    I was thinking of maybe making my own thing out of wood or something but gosh this is nice but expensive as all get out for my needs...

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeLumberjack View Post
    ah gosh darn it, i have no trees in my yard since i moved last fall and my new Blackbird XLC and Minifly just came in... I really need this if its a big guy approved item
    I'm 6'3" 260lbs.
    I was thinking of maybe making my own thing out of wood or something but gosh this is nice but expensive as all get out for my needs...
    It’s rated to 350 but we have users closer to 400. If just for your yard, so portability doesn’t matter, you can DIY similar from ~$20: https://www.tensaoutdoor.com/2019/06...ahedron-stand/

--

Quote Originally Posted by Latherdome View Post
    It’s rated to 350 but we have users closer to 400. If just for your yard, so portability doesn’t matter, you can DIY similar from ~$20: https://www.tensaoutdoor.com/2019/06...ahedron-stand/

thanks for the reply! i definitely like supporting cottage vendors, and the portability would be nice for setting up in a field after like a nice hour hike or something more low key without a specific campsite or trees, so see its real uses. I was going to ask if you guys are going to ever be a version is done? I was reading your other thread on it last night.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC DL 1.7
    Tarp
    Thunderfly
    Insulation
    Wooki
    Suspension
    WB Buckles
    I'm 6'3" 260lbs.
    As I said, I am 6 foot 265 pounds and it held me fine. It was very stable and I had no issues getting in and out etc. In fact, what I noticed is that it is actually EASIER to get a correct hang for me with the TENSA4. I am not sure why, other than I was very conscious of not cranking the tension etc. But it really was easy to get my hammock set for a comfortable all-night hang. My only issue was setting up the tarp, and I think that then simple answer is a set of tent poles or similar to hold up the tarp since this would be used in car-camping situations only.

I highly recommend it! I don't think that you will be disappointed.

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    I was going to ask if you guys are going to ever be a version is done?
    LOL, well, what fun would it be if we couldn't come up with improvements? We've considered it a finished product since Fall 2018. We don't really foresee development stopping altogether. Sometimes changes are driven more by our changing logistic/manufacturing constraints than anything else. So it's long been "done" but it's not in our nature to leave well enough alone.
    --

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast