Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailSlug View Post
    I find the WBRR to be the easiest hammock that I've ever had to keep warm in as the bottom quilt fits like a glove and can't move and the top quilt goes over you giving you the perfect cocoon.
    That is one of my favorite things about my Ridgerunner. I'm hoping to have the same experience with Blackbird XLC + Wooki. Despite multiple Shug videos, I never really stopped struggling with cold spots in my current gathered end (a Sparrow).

For OP, I like to bring along one of those inexpensive Costco down blankets to wedge in anyplace I feel a cold spot if other adjustments haven't worked.

Hammock
    Circadian
    Tarp
    11 footer
    Insulation
    goose down
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Great comments..thanks. Ive come to the conclusion Bridge hammocks are for those who sleep quietly in one spot all night and Gathered Ends are for those who sprawl all over the place in their sleep. Im kinda caught in the middle because I sprawl all over my hammock but the Bridge is much better on my back.
    Last edited by Crawldaddy; 05-28-2020 at 16:31.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    13' WB Superfly
    Insulation
    DIY Up! Karo-Step
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by bansheekitty View Post
    That is one of my favorite things about my Ridgerunner. I'm hoping to have the same experience with Blackbird XLC + Wooki. Despite multiple Shug videos, I never really stopped struggling with cold spots in my current gathered end (a Sparrow).

For OP, I like to bring along one of those inexpensive Costco down blankets to wedge in anyplace I feel a cold spot if other adjustments haven't worked.
    Agreed. I put a down throw wadded up in one of the saddlebags just in case.

Chris

Hammock
    WBRR, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WL OMW, DW Hex
    Insulation
    Lynx & Wooki UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Cilp Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Crawldaddy View Post
    Im new to the Bridge Hammock world. What are some of your solutions to the CEKS (cold elbow knee syndrome)?
    I have expirienced this also, I think it comes from laying with you knee or elbow against the seams along the sides. These are very tight an you squeeze the down an it loses loft and does not insulate. I've been awakened by a cold knee or elbow before and simply changed my position and in a few minutes gotten warm enough to fall back asleep.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    I stretch my underquilt over the top of the sides and use a large paper binder clip to hold it there, gives me all the insulation I need for knees and elbows

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    WB Lynx, HG Burrow
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Bugs
    Images
    I know what you mean. I bend my knees a lot and sleep fetally and sometimes get into a cold knee situation despite my lovely underquilts. i was thinking maybe a binder clip or two holding a rectangle of closed cell foam in that area might work, but haven't had time or ability to get out and test that this fall yet.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sturgeon View Post
    I know what you mean. I bend my knees a lot and sleep fetally and sometimes get into a cold knee situation despite my lovely underquilts. i was thinking maybe a binder clip or two holding a rectangle of closed cell foam in that area might work, but haven't had time or ability to get out and test that this fall yet.
    That might work, if it stays put. Or, what I suggested previously. Small CCF cutouts placed strategically inside the outer layer of clothing, at the problem spot. I have experimented with this, and had surprisingly good results. It even seemed to negate the need for a wide pad or wide UQ. All that is needed is a small piece of pad where a body part is in contact with the hammock an compressing the insulation. It also helps with the pressure points that sometimes arise when my knee is hitting a bridge hammock edge. As far as the knees go, I can even use the knee pads I use when I am working on the floor or such.

It's not pretty, It is a bit fiddly. Have to keep up with a few pieces of foam, depending on how many spots need a boost. But if I have a cold spot at some pressure point that is keeping me from sleeping, this takes care of it. Just placing a piece of foam between me and the hammock will also do it, but placing it in a sleeve or pants or using knee pads, it stays put when I move.

I have sometimes had my arms go to sleep because my elbows are resting on the hammock edge. Maybe someone has tried this...... I thought maybe some foam pipe insulation on the hammock edge should do the trick. Shouldn't need much.... just haven't tried it yet.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12