Dream Hammock Darien
    Tarp
    Zpacks Dyneema tar
    Insulation
    TQ-HG Econ Burrow
    Suspension
    Beckett hitch susp

Quickest Hang Method for Hammock and Tarp

Hey folks. I was just wondering what everyone else uses in regards to speed in setting up? I seem to take forever to get my rig all set when I first hit camp, between a continuous ridgeline for the tarp (zpacks dyneema with doors) and hanging my hammock from its suspension (UHMWPE with a beckett hitch onto continuous loops) Just curious to hear any suggestions from the forums!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    WBBB XLC/R.R 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    WB Superfly UGQ WD
    Insulation
    HG/LocoL/AHE/UGQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    My quick set up is hammock with UQ attached inside a Lazy slug. Suspension is Dutch clips and Beetle buckles.
    Tarp I have Stingers on each end and kept in snake skins. Leave it in the skins if weather is nice, deploy tarp if not.
    Hanging in the woods, paddlin and catching trout- My kind of living...

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    13' WB Superfly
    Insulation
    DIY Up! Karo-Step
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by LuvmyBonnet View Post
    My quick set up is hammock with UQ attached inside a Lazy slug. Suspension is Dutch clips and Beetle buckles.
    Tarp I have Stingers on each end and kept in snake skins. Leave it in the skins if weather is nice, deploy tarp if not.
    Mine is the same minus the lazy slug for me but with a double ended stuff sack with the Dutch clips sticking out.

Chris

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutch 12' Winter
    Insulation
    CRO, J'R'B
    Suspension
    Dutch web/ beetle
    I attach the webbing around one tree and then pull the whole assembly out of the dry bag, and then attach to the other tree. The hammock and tarp are on the same suspension make minor adjustments and stake out the tarp.

20200522_124130.jpg

20200522_122945.jpg
    Last edited by greyhound352; 05-27-2020 at 20:06.

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    In the rain, I’d put the tarp up first. But normally I put the hammock up first, then center on it as I put the tarp up. For the hammock, I have it in a double ended stuff sack with UQP attached. I first put daisy chains (Atlas, Python, and other names for straps with looped steps) around both trees using Dutch Clips. Then I clip one end of the hammock to a daisy chain loop with a carabiner and pull it out of the stuff sack as I walk towards the other strap. I clip into that with another carabiner, and look it over, maybe set in it to gauge above ground comfort and ridge line tautness. Then I put the tarp up. I used to connect to the tarp end, go around the tree, back through the carabiner at the tarp, down the tarp ridge line through a mini-carabiner at that end, around the tree, and back to that end connecting to a figure-9 on a split ring. This year I’ll play with a single line and Nama claws. The tarp will start out in a skin.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Practice and focus is one way to get good at setting up fast. I only set up fast in rain. Otherwise I enjoy my time setting up and getting a good nest.
    Nothing quicker than straps and cinch buckles with a biner or dutch clip at the tree as far as I know.
    Shug

Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    I leave my underquilt, top quilt and net attached together. Even my inflatable pillow (deflated) is packed all together.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

Hammock
    Kammok Roo Double (Sand)
    Tarp
    MSR Wing 100
    Insulation
    Kammok Firebelly
    Suspension
    ENO Helios XL
    Hammock (10’ shown, no bugnet but same principle applies regardless of gathered end hammock you have) with suspension integrated into the continuous loops within a single stuff sack. Loop one end of the suspension around tree and clip off, open bag and walk to other tree with suspension and hammock coming out. Repeat on other tree. Nothing touches the ground, and then use the whoopies to adjust as needed.

In terms of bugnet, I rarely use one, and when I do - it’s separate and I usually prefer socks that go over quickly and cinch. Someday I’ll have an integrated bugnet, so this method would still work.

As for tarp, it’s the same thing as you see below, except a CR with Ti clips, but same principle of looping around and clipping to itself around the tree, walk across, repeat on other side and center/tighten. In the future I’d like to keep the tarp in a snake and just rapid deploy that way.

Packing up is the same, just stuff it all in like you see on all the videos.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Darien
    Tarp
    Zpacks Dyneema tar
    Insulation
    TQ-HG Econ Burrow
    Suspension
    Beckett hitch susp
    Quote Originally Posted by greyhound352 View Post
    I attach the webbing around one tree and then pull the whole assembly out of the dry bag, and then attach to the other tree. The hammock and tarp are on the same suspension make minor adjustments and stake out the tarp.

20200522_124130.jpg

20200522_122945.jpg
    I was definitely thinking of something along the same lines, possibly attaching the tarp to the beckett hitch with a prussik knot or aoft shackle. Do you ever have issues with your tarp getting your hammock wet?

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Darien
    Tarp
    Zpacks Dyneema tar
    Insulation
    TQ-HG Econ Burrow
    Suspension
    Beckett hitch susp
    Quote Originally Posted by LuvmyBonnet View Post
    Ive never used beetle buckles but am definitely interested. I seemed to have gotten tired of the fiddle factor of whoopie slings and tying knots.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast