warbonnet blackbird, eno doublenest
    Tarp
    oes,warbonnet
    Insulation
    yeti/incubator
    Suspension
    whoopie sling AHE

tarps with doors

have been looking for a tarp with doors and side pulls, oes would love one of his but cannot get a reply from brian, e mailed him a few times dating back last month, my first choice was backwoods daydreamer but he has temporary shut down, making my own is out of the question, warbonnetoutdoors looks pretty good but not sure of this removable door he has out, anyone have experience with it??? Is there anyone else out there doing this style of tarp i overlooked??
    i do not remember the question, however i believe beer is the answer

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Hey kayaknut!
    You can see the Warbonnet here .... i filmed pizza's and he puts on the doors.
    SUPERFLY W/ DOORS
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Clark NX-250, NX 270, D H Sparrow
    Tarp
    Clark XL, Superfly
    Insulation
    JRB TQ, UQ, LL UQ
    Suspension
    WS,straps,toggles
    Images
    I have the superfly with door kits. If you are looking for an airtight system like a tent, this isn't it. Having said that, I am more than happy with the door kit. The doors are very easy and quick to install and offer any option from 1 door on 1 side to full coverage. You just have to remember one thing, THE GRAY TAB GOES ON THE BOTTOM!! If you put them on upside down, they don't fit worth a darn, amazingly enough! (Don't ask me how I know this) This is clearly explained in the simple instructions that come with it, but it helps tremendously if the instructions are actually read! If the tarp is pitched at the correct angle they offer full end coverage with overlap. There is a gap at the top/peak of the tarp for your hammock suspension, but you could even get that pretty tight around your suspension if that is what you desired. However, it is just about the right size for ventilation to prevent or lessen condensation. I don't think you can go wrong there

Banned
    Images
    Yeah, I just went through this whole process too.

I seriously gave consideration to the MacCut Ultra and having 2QZQ doors installed.

In the end however, I went with the Warbonnet Superfly with doors options.

I have done everything but beg Brandon (warbonnet guy) to offer the Superfly with permanent doors, but no luck (ok, truth be told... I begged too - lol)

Sometime next week I should be getting my Superfly/w/doors and I'll throw up a review on it. Seriously seriously hoping it will be tight enough to keep out the torrential rains we get here in the Redwood forest.

John

Hammock
    Clark NX-250, NX 270, D H Sparrow
    Tarp
    Clark XL, Superfly
    Insulation
    JRB TQ, UQ, LL UQ
    Suspension
    WS,straps,toggles
    Images
    Outside of an occasional cloudburst, Colorado doesn't do torrential rains. (Inside of a cloudburst, it's dark, cold, and very wet) Even our babies are born dry behind the ears!

I actually hadn't thought that out much, as I just barely got it last week and the only thing we are getting is more snow. I'll bet Brandon has given them a pretty good test though. And I'd be willing to bet that he would give you a very honest answer if you contacted him.

Oak Ridge & Linville Gorge, North Carolina
    Hammock
    HHE, 2QZQ Mod4, Jerry 5 DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/SFly Camo
    Insulation
    HammockGear Prod.
    Suspension
    Use them all!
    Images
    Just a thought ... there's always the Grizz Beaks from 2QZQ ... got a set coming from the lovely Donna myself. I like the way they work and sure have been a hit from the folks that have them. Looking forward to trying mine out when I get back home.

Oh and as a repeat customer ... that couple does amazing work! Good stuff. Fine folks

WARNING: Will discuss Rhurbarb Strawberry Pie and Livermush at random.

"A democracy is two wolves and a small lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom under a constitutional republic is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." ... B.Franklin

Home of the Gorge Rats: Linville Gorge
    My Videos YouTube Channel
    Photo collections Flickr Photostream

Gorge Rat Productions On FaceBook

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Colorado does torrential rains along the front range...but they only last about 15 minutes each. And you can set your watch by them in the summertime...every afternoon around 3:15-4:00 (IIRC...I just moved back after 12 years), depending on where you are.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Hammock
    warbonnet blackbird, eno doublenest
    Tarp
    oes,warbonnet
    Insulation
    yeti/incubator
    Suspension
    whoopie sling AHE
    Quote Originally Posted by waddy View Post
    I have the superfly with door kits. If you are looking for an airtight system like a tent, this isn't it. Having said that, I am more than happy with the door kit. The doors are very easy and quick to install and offer any option from 1 door on 1 side to full coverage. You just have to remember one thing, THE GRAY TAB GOES ON THE BOTTOM!! If you put them on upside down, they don't fit worth a darn, amazingly enough! (Don't ask me how I know this) This is clearly explained in the simple instructions that come with it, but it helps tremendously if the instructions are actually read! If the tarp is pitched at the correct angle they offer full end coverage with overlap. There is a gap at the top/peak of the tarp for your hammock suspension, but you could even get that pretty tight around your suspension if that is what you desired. However, it is just about the right size for ventilation to prevent or lessen condensation. I don't think you can go wrong there
    very nice write up, its really got me thinking about pulling the trigger here
    i do not remember the question, however i believe beer is the answer

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    I was lucky enough to get one of Scott's BWWD V2 before he went on hiatus and I am sure glad I did bc I love that tarp. Prior to that order I had purchased the big mambajamba with doors and only got a chance to set up and play with it before I returned it. I did NOT return it due to any quality issues it is an excellent made tarp I returned it because I felt that it did not suite my needs. I did not like having to attach and adjust the doors. The prospect of fiddeling arorudn with the doors in the rain did not appeal to me. And even in the summer months I decided for now at least I want a full coverage tarp with doors so did not see a need to detachable doors. GOod luck on your tarp seach all tarp you mention are excellent pieces of gear.
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

Hammock
    Argon X90 Experimental hammock
    Tarp
    7'x9' cuben tarp
    Insulation
    Pads and quilts
    Suspension
    Kevlar + dynaglide
    Images
    War Bonnet.
    NO SNIVELING!
    www.hikinghq.net - Hiking H.Q.