Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New and (very happy) Trail Lair owner

Contacted SLD last week about a hammock and tarp, and after a lot of emails back and forth, placed an order for a trail lair and asym tarp on Friday morning. They shipped out sat, and were supposed to arrive today, but got here yesterday! I don't know how Jared does it, but that is amazing. The quality of the products is excellent, and Jared did a great job with the little custom options I asked for. Some were on his site and others were not, and he did not bat an eye.

I have not had a chance to mess with the tarp yet, and likely will not for at least a few days, but the hammock is really incredible. Very full featured, yet light and not fiddly at all. It seems like a very forgiving design, and is easy to work with.

I am already getting my next order together!

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    You've discovered what many of us already know and that is Jared is fast, his products are great and he's a pleasure to work with.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair, Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG, Zpacks, DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre, HG
    Suspension
    MyersTech
    Images
    Yep, Jared is the man... I have the same hammock & tarp. Haven't had a chance to try the asym tarp yet but the Trail Lair is super comfy. I hope to try the tarp out my next time out.

You'll enjoy them for sure.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair(s)
    Tarp
    SLD & Mtn. Fly
    Insulation
    HG 0,20,40 UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies & webbing
    Scary fast huh? It’s amazing. On my fifth lair now and have one for each of the family. We love ‘em!
    The deep mystery gives rise to the spirits -Charc

Always strive to be the best but never believe you are - Juan Manuel Fangio

Hammock
    Chameleon/TE Happy Medium/SG
    Tarp
    Thunderfly/UGQ WD
    Insulation
    HG / LL
    Suspension
    Becket
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SLG45 View Post
    ... but the hammock is really incredible. Very full featured, yet light and not fiddly at all. It seems like a very forgiving design, and is easy to work with.

I am already getting my next order together!
    I have also joined the Trail Lair Fan Club. So much more comfortable, for me, than my standard width Chameleon. I got the Trail Lair in the HyperD 1.6 fabric and I just love the feel of it. The hammock as you say is fully featured...I used the head and foot tie-outs, hooked my HG Incubator to the UQ hooks, and I got a comfortable night's sleep first time out.

I think I have found my "forever hammock".

Quote Originally Posted by Canadark View Post
    I have also joined the Trail Lair Fan Club. So much more comfortable, for me, than my standard width Chameleon. I got the Trail Lair in the HyperD 1.6 fabric and I just love the feel of it. The hammock as you say is fully featured...I used the head and foot tie-outs, hooked my HG Incubator to the UQ hooks, and I got a comfortable night's sleep first time out.

I think I have found my "forever hammock".
    So what where your Chamelon Specs? I have a XLC right now that i just got and kinda a dont like it. Did know about the trail lair till i was asking how to fix my XLC Lay.
    Anyone can compare to a XLC.?

Hammock
    Tarp
    Thunderfly/UGQ WD
    Insulation
    HG / LL
    Suspension
    Becket
    Images
    I've had two Chameleons...my first was a double layer 1.6 Hexon outer / 1.0 Hexon inner, 11' length, 58" wide (the standard width). This was my very first hammock and I hadn't quite wrapped my head around "underquilt" and thought I could get by with a pad between the layers. Nope, fussy and confining, as I was using a 20" wide Thermarest NeoAir XLite. I managed a few hours sleep here and there but never a long overnight sleep.

Next I tried a single layer Chameleon with Hexon 1.6 and an underquilt. More less fussing with bottom insulation, but had significant calf ridge and a lot of net or hammock material in my face as a side sleeper. I still have this one but use it for lounging, not sleeping. I like the Hexon 1.6 (as well as the Dream-Tex of my Ridgerunner). But it's "like", not the "love" I feel for the HyperD 1.6.

In addition to just acquiring the Trail Lair, I also have a new Eldorado which I'll be testing out soon. I like the footbox and the tie-out of the net to keep it off your face. I'll report back here, since the Eldorado is the same hammock body as the XLC from what I understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Canadark View Post
    I've had two Chameleons...my first was a double layer 1.6 Hexon outer / 1.0 Hexon inner, 11' length, 58" wide (the standard width). This was my very first hammock and I hadn't quite wrapped my head around "underquilt" and thought I could get by with a pad between the layers. Nope, fussy and confining, as I was using a 20" wide Thermarest NeoAir XLite. I managed a few hours sleep here and there but never a long overnight sleep.

Next I tried a single layer Chameleon with Hexon 1.6 and an underquilt. More less fussing with bottom insulation, but had significant calf ridge and a lot of net or hammock material in my face as a side sleeper. I still have this one but use it for lounging, not sleeping. I like the Hexon 1.6 (as well as the Dream-Tex of my Ridgerunner). But it's "like", not the "love" I feel for the HyperD 1.6.

In addition to just acquiring the Trail Lair, I also have a new Eldorado which I'll be testing out soon. I like the footbox and the tie-out of the net to keep it off your face. I'll report back here, since the Eldorado is the same hammock body as the XLC from what I understand.
    yeah it just dosent have the shelf as far as i know

Hammock
    Hammocktent 90*, Sparrow, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    light & waterproof
    Insulation
    Ongoing experiment
    Suspension
    Ongoing experiment
    All this Trail Lair hype was simply too much for me. I had my counter offer on a fully decked out model accepted on ebay this morning.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Thunderfly/UGQ WD
    Insulation
    HG / LL
    Suspension
    Becket
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by OlTrailDog View Post
    All this Trail Lair hype was simply too much for me. I had my counter offer on a fully decked out model accepted on ebay this morning.
    Was that the Coyote Brown double layer? I had that on my watch list...I would have grabbed it myself except I didn't need or want DL and at 5'7" I thought the 12' length would be overkill. If that's the one, you got a heck of a deal!

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast