Tarp
    Thunder/Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20/40
    Suspension
    DW Beetle Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic View Post
    Check out NAMA Claws.

Claws go on continuous ridgeline; replace soft shackles with mini continuous loops of Zing-It or similar, girth hitched to tarp D-rings.
    I've looked at them but I'll wait til I play around with the split ridgelines.

Hammock
    DH Raven/Darien
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/SLD
    Suspension
    Myerstech/Becket
    Split ridgeline with the plastic toggles from Myerstech.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Hammock
    WB--Dutch-Clark-Amok
    Tarp
    WB-CC-UGQ-Amok
    Insulation
    Down and Synthetic
    Suspension
    CL/Becket~LA/ 7/64
    Quote Originally Posted by FLTurtle View Post
    I currently use a Dutch CRL with a Dutch Hook and a Wasp with prusik knots and soft shackles. I'm getting tired of dealing with the prusiks getting jammed up and having to remove and retie them.

I recently ordered a Superfly and looking at using the split ridgelines with 2 Stingerz like Skytow mentioned.
    If you like the CRL system, swap out the prusiks for "Nama Claws".
    Livin’ Large ~ Horizontally

Hammock
    Kammok Roo Double (Sand)
    Tarp
    MSR Wing 100
    Insulation
    Kammok Firebelly
    Suspension
    ENO Helios XL

How do you hang your tarp??

I tried a few methods, and prefer the continuous ridgeline so it’s easy to center the tarp, make adjustments for rain and directional changes, etc. I learned this method from Derek Hansen.

These are photos of my two tie off points. I’ve replaced this cordage, currently testing Lash-It (1.75) and Zing-It, (1.75) as well as Amsteel (7/64) to see the differences. Spoiler, not much difference other than size and weight. All get the job done, and then some. I’ve also replaced the carabiners with HG Ti Clips (no photos yet) but will post once complete.

Last edited by stebesplace; 05-27-2020 at 00:50.

Hammock
    Yes
    Tarp
    Doors for sure
    Insulation
    Love some down
    Suspension
    Usualy helps
    Stingerz for me as well on the ridgeline. I have a variety on my tie outs - Stingerz on one tarp, line locs on a couple,slide locs on one, fleas on one. Not a single knot to be found.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    13' WB Superfly
    Insulation
    DIY Up! Karo-Step
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Still looking for my ideal set up. My first attempt was the Dutch CRL with a Wasp and Tato tarp connectors. Although they're not supposed to slide easily, they did for me making the tarp less than taut. Then I bought a Stinger for one end and ran a CRL with a Dutch hook on the other end attached to a continuous loop that I larksheaded onto the ridgeline ring. Still not taut enough for me. So, just ordered more Stingerz and going to try split ridgelines with Stingerz on both ends. Seems I can get everything tighter and since I have a 13' Superfly, not as concerned about ease of centering things over my Ridgerunner.

For the tie outs, I have 3/32" shock cord larksheaded onto the D-rings and then I use Reflect-It permanently attached to my stakes with a hookworm attached to each one making it easy to set up the tarp in position and then put it back into the snakeskin leaving the stakes in the ground.

Then I larksheaded shock cord onto the pullouts and I use my aluminum trekking poles over the top.

Chris
    Last edited by chrislwillers; 05-27-2020 at 10:03.

Hammock
    SLD Tree Runner
    Tarp
    HG DCF Hex
    Insulation
    Operator, Habanero
    Suspension
    Turtles, Whoopies
    I use 12' of Zing-it on a split ridgeline with Flyz permanently tied to the line about 4" from the tarp. Can get a very taut pitch and can be adjusted easily enough. Not quite as easy as a CRL, but works well for me and I can get it pretty close on my first try so not a lot of fiddling is needed (although sometimes a fiddle is fun).

Use 8' of Kelty Triptease for each of my guyouts. Tie these off to my stakes using a slip knot/slippery half hitch/trucker hitch in some combo. 8' of guyline gives me plenty of room to work with very little added weight.

Hammock
    Big Guy Bridge
    Tarp
    CRO Winter Haven
    Insulation
    JRB UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle 15'
    Dutch wasp and hook for me on 1.75 zingit. I found the wasp slid quite a bit until I actually watched the video and realized I needed to hook the line over the end of the wasp once it was in place. Now it works great. I use 12 foot tarps one hex, one with doors.
    "God never sends us anything we can't handle. Sometimes I wish He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa.

New guy here... but I have been playing with a few different methods - I have tried stingerz, flys, and WB tarp ticks with dutch hooks on the end. I think so far, that the tarp ticks with dutch hooks on the tree ends has been the easiest to pitch for me. I like the stingerz a lot, but found that when I pitch a "double V' ridgeline, it's hard to prevent the tarp from sliding down... the dutch hooks around the tree keep it at the height that I want - and then tarp ticks threaded on to the spit rings on my tarp have made for a fast, easy pitch.

But i'm new at all this and still experimenting.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    WB minifly
    Insulation
    Yeti
    Suspension
    buckles
    Split ridgeline with figure 9's here. Love Dutch bling, but the figure 9's are bigger, so I find them easier to use.

That's today, tomorrow might be differnt!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast