Thread: Bug Net Hammock

Question Bug Net Hammock

Anyone have any experience with the HG Bug Net Hammock? The few YouTube videos seems to be an older design vs what they offer now. Any recommendations or information would be appreciated. Thank You in advance.

Hammock
    DH Raven/Darien
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/SLD
    Suspension
    Myerstech/Becket
    My buddy just got one recently, and it looks nice and well-made.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

It appears from photos that they did away with the integrated stuff sack on the side like ENO and also added some tie loops. Can you confirm these changes? Also has your buddy tried it yet? I would love to know his thoughts. Thanks

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images

Thumbs up

I just got mine the other day and love it so far. Last night was my first night using it outside and the lay was great. I got a Chameleon for Xmas and really like it, especially the winter cover, but it not having peaks that are sealed is a deal breaker for me using it above freezing lol. I live on the water and have a HUGE spider "issue" so to say, and really need the peaks to be 100% sealed or as close to it as possible.

The design of the HG allows for one peak to be 100% sealed and the other to only have a small gap , which I filled with a stuff sack last night. Other than that, the HG has a ton of beastie D's inside and out as well as pack hooks for UQ attachment. Also, I noticed that vs. the Chameleon, the pack hooks that HG uses hold onto my UQ suspension much tighter which prevents It from coming out when I move around. I think they also might be oriented in a different direction than the Cham.,but I'm not totally sure. It also has an Amsteel ridgline vs the Chameleons Zing-it, which I also really like. I have a ton of extra whoopies so I opted for the daisy chain suspension and like it's ease of use so far.

Overall, it doesn't have nearly the amount of options available for customization, the bugnet can't be totally removed (although it is stored in a mesh peak bag that can be used for additional storage when the net is in use), and there is no winter cover, but for me it has all the right features and options to be every bit as functional and comfortable as my other cottage manufactured hammocks. The Chameleon is an amazing hammock and I love it's "Chameleon-esque" features and options. I also love my XLC with its shelf, footbox, winter cover and how the guy outs are on the bug net, not the hammock body, which really gets the net out of your face and gives it a ton of interior space. However, I feel that the HG's simplicity and lower cost make it much better for a new hanger. Ill post some pics today of mine and will be doing a video review on my YT channel that I'll also post when it's up. Hope that helps!
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Yes, it now comes in a traditional double ended stuff sack and there are beastie D's on the exterior strategically placed to be used as attachment points to guy it out. I used the shock cord guy outs that came with my Chameleon and the pack hooks that are on them snapped into the HG's beastie D's perfectly. Hope that helps!
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    DIY 11 ft Double Layer
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    HG Inc30 / B40
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Aoden View Post
    Anyone have any experience with the HG Bug Net Hammock? The few YouTube videos seems to be an older design vs what they offer now. Any recommendations or information would be appreciated. Thank You in advance.
    Glad you got some answers! Feel free to email us if you have any additional questions
    Harry Carlson
    Customer Support
    www.hammockgear.com
    740-445-4327
    [email protected]

• + New Posts